Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Miscellaneous Topics and more > Travel

Travel This is the place you ask for travel advice, or share your own tips. Topics include destinations, sight seeing, and best / smartest ways for traveling with a camera.

Brussels - good area for a walkabout?
Old 02-06-2012   #1
Jurat

Brussels - good area for a walkabout?

Anybody know of some good areas in Brussels for a street photography walkabout?

Old 02-06-2012   #2
bobkonos

It's a government city but there are numerous gardens. The famous Peeing Boy statue of course, but I like the small streets best. The famous Grand Place town square is popular. if you like chocolate, you MUST visit Pierre Marcolini's shop near there. Here is a story about chocolate and Brussels that will take you to some different areas:

http://travel.nytimes.com/2011/12/25...hoclate&st=cse

Old 02-07-2012   #3
Jurat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkonos View Post
It's a government city but there are numerous gardens. The famous Peeing Boy statue of course, but I like the small streets best. The famous Grand Place town square is popular. if you like chocolate, you MUST visit Pierre Marcolini's shop near there. Here is a story about chocolate and Brussels that will take you to some different areas:

http://travel.nytimes.com/2011/12/25...hoclate&st=cse
Thanks. I remember reading that article a while back. I'll just have a random walkabout and see what I get from it.

Old 02-07-2012   #4
Lauffray
Invisible Cities

I was there briefly this summer, much like Paris you can walk and cover most of the city very easily, it's a very nice walk actually

Website - Flickr

Old 02-09-2012   #5
Spanik

The marollen can be nice but busy and a bit of a tourist area these days. That's the lower side of the courthouse. The courthouse in itself is impressive but in restoration. Around the Zavel is also an option. Other place could be south station area, and around the cattle market there is also a lot of activity but I haven't any idea how safe it is to photograph around there these days.