Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Rangefinder Forum > Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film

Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film Discuss Image processing -- traditional darkoom or digital lightroom here. Notice there are subcategories to narrow down subject matter. .

Where to get 35mm slides (E6) processed in Southwestern Ontario (Canada)???
Old 12-28-2011   #1
plgplg

Where to get 35mm slides (E6) processed in Southwestern Ontario (Canada)???

Hi,

I live in London, Ontario. The last place in town to process E6 in-house (Stan C Reade Photo) has just told me they are stopping.

What are my choices? I guess I'm looking at mail-order. My priorities (in order) are:

1. quality
2. turnaround speed
3. price

I've heard someone mention TIW (Toronto Image Works) but I'd be curious to hear what other people in Ontario do. I have half a mind to send stuff to Lens and Shutter in Vancouver BC (I used to live there and they have good quality and good price).

I'm interested in processing but not mounting, just cutting in strips of 4 (I scan at home).

Thanks for any feedback,

Old 12-28-2011   #2
carpark

Toronto Image Works are great. I get all my E6 done there.
The turn around was very quick and the service was great. I only get my stuff developed and not mounted so no idea about that. I also got some b&w done and was pleased with service
Also Downtown Camera are very good. I think they do E6 processing. Give them a call.
It's sad to see another lab go down.

Regarding the price i found TIW to be reasonable. Cant remember exactly how much, i think around 7-8 bucks

Last edited by carpark : 12-28-2011 at 13:23. Reason: Forgot price

Old 12-28-2011   #3
ktran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plgplg View Post
Hi,

I live in London, Ontario. The last place in town to process E6 in-house (Stan C Reade Photo) has just told me they are stopping.

What are my choices? I guess I'm looking at mail-order. My priorities (in order) are:

1. quality
2. turnaround speed
3. price

I've heard someone mention TIW (Toronto Image Works) but I'd be curious to hear what other people in Ontario do. I have half a mind to send stuff to Lens and Shutter in Vancouver BC (I used to live there and they have good quality and good price).

I'm interested in processing but not mounting, just cutting in strips of 4 (I scan at home).

Thanks for any feedback,
That's really too bad about Stan C Reade. I did my undergrad(s) in London, and I used to run a lot of film through the labs in the late 1990s and the early part of this century.

I know they're not southern Ontario, but I've always had good experiences with GPC Labworks in Ottawa, where I lived until recently. Unmounted, and cut into strips of 4, they charge $9 a roll plus tax.