Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Other RF

Other RF Forum for the many Rangefinder cameras that do not have a dedicated RFF forum.

Franka Solida 35
Old 4 Days Ago   #1
largedrink

Franka Solida 35

I bought a Franka Solida 35 recently and was wondering if anyone else has one or knows much about this camera? It seems to be quite rare (less than 500 made in 1957) and has a quality build. This one works beautifully, the focus is smooth and the shutter fires nicely (and sounds great). The Xenar 2.8 lens is in good condition too. I was planning on selling it to help fund my other gear purchases, but it's tempting to keep it for a while and run some films through.

Franka Solida 35 by Hugh B, on Flickr

Franka Solida 35 emblem by Hugh B, on Flickr

Franka Solida 35 removable lens by Hugh B, on Flickr

Old 4 Days Ago   #2
nhchen

I got one a few years ago, but mine came with a 35mm lens, think it was a Isco lens. I haven't had a chance to try it yet though. This camera is similar to the regular Franka rangefinder but with interchangeable lenses I think.

Nathan