Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Miscellaneous Topics and more > Camera Shows

Camera Shows Forced onto the Endangered Species list by the Internet, your local Camera Show still offers some of the lowest prices and most interesting camera buying times. Post Camera Show schedules in your area, and your Camera Show Experiences.

Cleveland Akron Sunday
Old 11-15-2011   #1
JohnTF

Location: Home is Cleveland, Summers often Europe, Winters often Mexico.
Cleveland Akron Sunday

Photorama show, Quality Inn, Rt. 21, just South of I77 and the Turnpike.

Should be a Sunday breakfast buffet at the hotel, and the Photorama web site offers a coupon.

Students $2, Teachers used to be free, do not know if Abe will be doing that.

Igor will be set up, he should have some nice recent pick ups in Leica. Email him if you want him to bring something special.

It's been a while, should be something of interest.

John

Josef Sudek

Old 11-20-2011   #2
JohnTF

Couple of sweet RF's today, very slow show, but I saw a gray Luftwaffe? IIIc, and some odds and ends. Nice collection of original prints from a famous Russian photographer, signed portrait of John Steinbeck.

Spent some time showing a newbie how to use a bulk loader, he's looking for cartridges and components to complete a darkroom.

Some nice half frames and parts cameras.

If you do not support the shows, there will be soon be none.

Someone brought in a large box of 8x10 glass negatives, very interesting.

John

Josef Sudek

Old 11-20-2011   #3
keytarjunkie

Sorry I could not make this one - currently don't have a car but I should by the springtime. Keep us updated, I for one am interested in Cleveland area photography stuff.

Old 11-21-2011   #4
JohnTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by keytarjunkie View Post
Sorry I could not make this one - currently don't have a car but I should by the springtime. Keep us updated, I for one am interested in Cleveland area photography stuff.

Thanks, no one wore the RFF tie, so I did not know if any one was there.

Igor had a very interesting set of vintage Russian photographs made by the photographer who is about 89 now, the last photo of Kruschchev made in public, ballet photographs, a portrait of John Steinbeck-- very interesting stamps and notes on the back, some shot with Russian cameras, some with Leicas-- a few nice small RF's, though some of the dealers were out with illness, it was still worthwhile.

Publicity is sparse, I almost forgot about it, but if you scroll down the Photorama.com site you can find the shows. Abe Vinegar is taking over more and more for Sam, but Abe was out with Pneumonia- still there is always that small unusual item you find at shows you do not see elsewhere.

For me, the photos, and the details noted on their backs were very interesting, some of the better shots I have seen, some shot with Leica, some with Zeiss Jena, -- I probably should have paid closer attention, but I only saw them as the dealers were packing up.

Hope to see you at a show, how far away are you?

Regards, John

Josef Sudek

Old 11-22-2011   #5
JohnTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by keytarjunkie View Post

BTW, there are few club shows, one every August at the same location.

Photorama runs about a half dozen shows there each year, it is not as far as it seems, just a few exits down I77 from Parma/ Rockside.

There is also an auction in the fall + a club show in Columbus as well as a few other shows.

Regards, John

Josef Sudek