Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Miscellaneous Topics and more > Movies / Cameras in the Movies / TV / Media

Movies / Cameras in the Movies / TV / Media If you are a photographer, it's difficult not to appreciate movies too. In this forum you can discuss movies, as well as the cameras used in them. What camera used in what film / TV show etc has long been a topic of discussion at RFF. Whether the Exakta and 400mm Kilfitt lens in Hitchcock's Rear Window or the Nikons in Eastwood's Bridges of Madison County, cameras are tools which reflect the time and technology of the film.

Contax 645
Old 10-29-2011   #1
MikeAUS

Contax 645

Just spotted a CONTAX 645 being used in Australia's Next Top Model Season 7 final episode. Photo shoot was for Harpers Bazaar magazine. Photographer was Pierre Toussaint. Was using the digital back as photos were on a laptop for viewing instantly. CONTAX lives in the real world

Old 10-29-2011   #2
gavinlg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAUS View Post
Just spotted a CONTAX 645 being used in Australia's Next Top Model Season 7 final episode. Photo shoot was for Harpers Bazaar magazine. Photographer was Pierre Toussaint. Was using the digital back as photos were on a laptop for viewing instantly. CONTAX lives in the real world
I'm not surprised - gotta be #1 on my 'want' list!

Old 10-29-2011   #3
Michiel Fokkema
Michiel Fokkema

It's my favourite camera. But I use film in it.

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema

Old 10-29-2011   #4
kzphoto

I've considered dumping my Rollei & Fuji gear for a clean Contax and 80/2.0. They look awesome. And f/2 on a 645 negative? Wow.