Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Rangefinder Forum > RFF News

RFF News News related to photography and rangefinderforum.

Old 10-03-2011   #26
NIKON KIU
Did you say Nippon Kogaku

Give it a couple of more months, they will go bankrupt.
The writings on the wall.

Old 10-03-2011   #27
caycep

the problem with making sensors is that it's highly dependent on semiconductor expertise....which is all in taiwan and korea at the moment. Probably headed to Shenzhen give or take 5 years.

A strategic partnership with Intel and their 22 nanometer chip fabs expertise (the only significant American expertise left - I think AMD is struggling in this respect) would be really nice for developing new CMOS/CCD chips that are competitive with Asia. Could they also compete with photographic displays?

How does their film line look like? Maybe worthwhile to streamline Apple style into just Tri-X, Portra, and a slide film, and make the developer process easy for the chemistry-challenged. I agree this should be self sustaining some how.

I think they really need someone who is both good in management AND engineering, where most people are either good in one and not the other.

Why couldn't this be good news for once, i.e. "used summilux prices drop 25%"? :/