I picked up the lens, I bought on the internet from a German camera store.
It is a 35 Lux pre ASPH v2 and indeed it is looking cosmetically in absolute wonderful condition:
- barely a sign of use all around the barrel - I love this
- a little dust inside, as had to be expected
- slightly sticky, focus (feels slippery in times, the way it feels, when ham fisted repairmen use oil, to spice up an old lens for sale)
- it has the rear element protection shroud, which needs modification for digital Leica M bodies (no focussing beyond ~12-15m + no mounting, when focussed @ infinity)
I intend to:
- completely disassemble the lens
- modify the lens shroud to specs + repaint of machined surfaces
- clean dust specks
- clean any old lubrication from the helicoid
- relube the helicoid with correct lube
I am now in my holidays without workshop, but would like to collect some info from people familiar with this lens, to ease the riddles of proceed into the lens
Any input regarding the disassembly or function of outer visible screws is highly welcome
I will follow up this thread and post my proceeds, once back in the workshop.