Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Rangefinder Forum > The Business Of Photography

The Business Of Photography This is the place to ask questions about the business of being a photographer -- including but not limited to business set up, marketing, copyright, and the ever popular how much to charge.

Sending Prints
Old 08-03-2011   #1
Dwayneb9584

Sending Prints

Hey all,

So I have been making prints lately from my 35mm negatives scanned on a Plustek 7600i. I've been making 5x7 prints and I really like it's size. Besides that, I wanted to know if any of you ever sent prints to galleries or companies you would want to do commercial work for or sell prints to. Not exactly sure if this is a question for this site but thought I'd ask. Is anyone currently sending prints to galleries or agencies they would like to get represented by? For instance I was looking at DC Reps and Marge Casey + Associates. Probably can't get a rep since I've read that you have to be a professional working photographer. What does that mean? I work, I may not be pro but I shoot lots of personal work widely for myself. I was thinking about sending stuff to the Farmani Gallery here in NYC.

What do you all do? Do any of you send prints to these types of places. If so how do you do it and whats your process.