Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Yashica RF

Yashica RF For all Yashica Rangefinder cameras, whether fixed lens or classic Leica Screw Mount !

Yashica M - circa 1960
Old 04-24-2017   #1
Trismegistus

Yashica M - circa 1960

Hello,

This is my first post as a new member, so please bear with me. I have a question for the panel concerning the above camera which has an f1.9 lens with a focal length of 45mm. I am trying to discover the actual lens construction i.e. number of elements, number of groups. I can't find this information anywhere on the web. Does anyone know the answer and can anyone provide any other comments on this beautiful camera. I bought it Saturday from a charity shop who were asking 12. As far as I can see everything works and it is in pristine almost mint condition.

Regards

David
Gunthorpe, Notts, England

Old 04-24-2017   #2
ACullen

Sorry David I can't answer your question. Welcome to the board and congratulations on what sounds like a great find. I'd expect pretty decent performance from that lens. At a guess it surely must have at least 6 elements give the fast maximum aperture.

Old 04-24-2017   #3
johnf04

Hi there - I too have one of these cameras, in pristine condition.

I think people were put off using them by the awkward "Light Value" setting of the shutter speed and diaphragm.

Old 04-24-2017   #4
Roger Hicks

Dear David,

Count the reflections in the glass. Bright reflection = glass/air; weak reflection = cemented glass/glass. Divide by two to get the number of glasses.

Cheers,

R.

Old 04-24-2017   #5
Archlich

As far as the data go:

The M is a for export only model - basically a Yashica Minister with the lens from the earlier Yashica 35. The 45/1.9 lens have 6 elements in 4 groups, presumably a double gauss (no idea which variant it is).