LTM to M adaptors
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1
welshzorki

LTM to M adaptors

I recently bought an M4-2 and although I'm waiting on a voigtlander 35mm I wanted to try out my jupiter8 50mm LTM so I bought an adaptor, I didn't pay attention and just ordered one and due to my mistake it means I have the 35mm frame on show, so I ordered one that is supposed to work for 35mm/75mm, it arrived today and unfortunately it sets the 75mm frame so is there a way to adapt the adaptor or is there a specific version I should be looking at to get the 50mm frame on my M4-2 ?

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2
Fraser

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshzorki View Post
I recently bought an M4-2 and although I'm waiting on a voigtlander 35mm I wanted to try out my jupiter8 50mm LTM so I bought an adaptor, I didn't pay attention and just ordered one and due to my mistake it means I have the 35mm frame on show, so I ordered one that is supposed to work for 35mm/75mm, it arrived today and unfortunately it sets the 75mm frame so is there a way to adapt the adaptor or is there a specific version I should be looking at to get the 50mm frame on my M4-2 ?
The 75mm and 50mm frames should come up together, the 35mm should be with the 135mm and that leaves 28mm paired with 90mm.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3
Fraser

Also I don't think the m42 has 75mm framelines

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4
welshzorki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
The 75mm and 50mm frames should come up together, the 35mm should be with the 135mm and that leaves 28mm paired with 90mm.
I just read that the M4-2 has 35/50/90/135 frame lines
so 50mm and 90 are separate on my M4-2 the 35mm is with the 135mm in the same frame.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5
welshzorki

just worked out what part of the bayonet mount adjusts the frame choice so I'm going to take a dremel grinder to the spare mount and see if I can't get that 50mm frame to pop up.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6
Fraser

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshzorki View Post
just worked out what part of the bayonet mount adjusts the frame choice so I'm going to take a dremel grinder to the spare mount and see if I can't get that 50mm frame to pop up.
If you have a 75mm that should be the right one for a 50mm.

The 35/135 is the same as not moving the frame selector, 50/75 is the middle setting and 28/90 is pushing the frame selector all the way. In the past i've changed a 28/90 to a 50/75 or a 50/75 to a 35/135, but it only works one way!

If the mount you have is a 28/90 then that can be easily changed to a 50/75.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7
welshzorki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
If you have a 75mm that should be the right one for a 50mm.

The 35/135 is the same as not moving the frame selector, 50/75 is the middle setting and 28/90 is pushing the frame selector all the way. In the past i've changed a 28/90 to a 50/75 or a 50/75 to a 35/135, but it only works one way!

If the mount you have is a 28/90 then that can be easily changed to a 50/75.
It seems the M4-2 has frames for 35mm & 135 then 50mm then 90mm. The problem is solved. I just ground down the part of the bayonet that sets the frame line. it now presents me with a 50mm frame when fitted. I'll post some pictures in a bit.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #8
welshzorki

So here's what I did this afternoon. I took the new adaptor that sets the 90mm frame and took a dremel grinder to it.

This is the adaptor that sets a 35mm frame.

This is the adaptor that sets the 90mm frame,

so I ground the corner of the bayonet about 2mm

filed it and sanded it smooth and now it sets the brightline frame to 50mm.

Sorted