Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Gearhead Delights > Repair / Camera Care

Repair / Camera Care This is a good place to discuss the care and repair of your photo gear. You can share Do-It-Yourself repair and maintenance, as well as your recommendations for pro repairs. This new forum was created 4/1/07. PLEASE title your thread wisely, so others searching for a certain make of camera or repair person can find your thread easily!

King Regula Super Automatic and IIId rangefinder adjustment?
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1
KnipsOmat

King Regula Super Automatic and IIId rangefinder adjustment?

Hi there,

I have a King Regula Super Automatic here, which works very well, shutter o.k. on all speeds, even the selenium meter still gives sensible readings - but its rangefinder desperately needs adjustment. Vertical alignment is o.k. but distance reading is off for quite a bit. It never reaches the point where the two images align for distant objects.

Consequently, the reading for closer objects if off as well. The rangefinder images align at a lens setting of 2.5 m for objects of about 1.5 m actual distance with all lenses I've tried.

It's not the lens(es). On another Super Automatic body, I get correct distance readings with all the lenses.

Anybody got any instructions on how to remove the top cover and how to adjust the King Regula Super Automatic's rangefinder?

I also have a King Regula IIId, which is also working well, but rangefinder is out of vertical alignment - distance reading is o.k.. It's still usable that way, but I'd like to have better vertical alignment, as this makes the rangefinder much more usable it there's no vertical lines in the frame. Any ideas on that one?