Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film > Photo Software

Photo Software Discussions of all the photo software - except scanning software which is in the forum with scanners.

DxO Optics Pro 9 for download
Old 01-17-2017   #1
kxl
Social Documentary

DxO Optics Pro 9 for download

Just passing along some info...

Various places on the internet (e.g., https://sharewareonsale.com/?os=mac&redirected=1) are offering a no-charge download of the older DxO Optics Pro 9 Elite Edition software. Versions for both Windows and Mac OS are available.

The offer ends in middle February, 2017.

After you download, you need to register your e-mail address and they send you an activation code to that address. Read the various pages carefully and you can't go wrong, although the path is sometimes a little less than obvious. YMMV.

Version 9 cannot be upgraded.

"... I thought the only way to give us an incentive, to bring hope, is to show the pictures of the pristine planet - to see the innocence. ― Sebastiao Salgado

Old 01-17-2017   #2
defconfunk
n00b

Kxl, thanks for posting this.

I got into DxO Pro Optics thanks to one of these free downloads (v7 at the time). In many respects I prefer it to LR or Capture One (it just sort of works the way my brain does).

I purchased DxO Pro Optics 9 (this version) because the Prime noise reduction gives me 2/3 of a stop better ISO performance than LR. If you shoot either m43 or an older sensor, this software is a fantastic "upgrade".

The touch-up tools are lacking compared to LR. Although the spot/heal tool is just as good as LR, it doesn't have gradient or brush tools (for that you can export directly to PS Elements, PS, or LR).

I still use DxO ProOptics (now v11) as much or more than LR. I use it in conjunction with LR CC and PS CC - It's a good workflow.