Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > RFF Polls

View Poll Results: Which camera types have you been using the most recently?
Large Format (film) 27 6.12%
Medium Format (film) 110 24.94%
SLR (film) 89 20.18%
RF (film) 202 45.80%
Digital Compact 60 13.61%
DSLR 80 18.14%
Leica digital 78 17.69%
Other digital cameras 112 25.40%
Other cameras of any type 26 5.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 441. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2016   #81
coelacanth
Ride, dive, shoot.

Divided between Fuji (X-Pro2) and film Leica (M4-P, M5). Micro 4/3 (E-M5II) for underwater and BEOON scanning.

b/w guy.

flickr | Instagram

Old 09-15-2016   #82
pvdhaar
Zoom with your feet!

I shot a bunch with a DSLR and a mirroless, but what I'm truly having fun with are an Olympus-OM20 and Lomo'Instant. Especially when I have the OM-20 with me, I keep dreaming about it being nineteen-seventy-something forever..

Peter

My Hexländer Gallery

Old 09-15-2016   #83
ckuwajima
Celso

Only digital I'd been shooting with is my cellphone

Old 09-15-2016   #84
unixrevolution

My most recent shooting trips have been to the Renaissance Festival, and I shoot a lot of medium format there. TLR and SLR. I've also gotten some new toys recently, and one of them is an RF and one is a Bronica, so those are prominent.

"I decided to stop collecting cameras and become a photographer."

Old 09-17-2016   #85
Evan Bedford

Fuji W3 (3D) is turning out to be my favorite (making stereo 4x6 prints, mounting them, and viewing through a mirrored stereo-viewer). I also use a Sony A7s, but it seems that I don't have enough time to fiddle around with photoshop. So, after recently swearing off film, I find I miss the simplicity, and a Fuji GF670 arrived in the mail the other day. With it, I'll likely concentrate on 6x6 in Gepe slide holders with anti-Newtonian glass.

I almost forgot my engineering work: I use a Panasonic LX3 on a fairly regular basis for routine documentation of surface drainage and bridges. The LX3 weighs practically nothing, so if I'm hiking a fair distance, I'll leave the A7s at home, and take it.

Old 10-15-2016   #86
lxmike
M2 love

mainly been using my M2 recently

myblog:lifefromawindow

myRFFgallery:

Digital for me, super zooms and DSLR's to be specific
Old 10-15-2016   #87
Tim Murphy

Digital for me, super zooms and DSLR's to be specific

Dear Raid,

90% of my photography involves nature and the outdoors. I shoot almost exclusively with digital super zoom cameras or DSLR's.

I want to use more film but the fact that I need to send it away for processing because there are no local labs makes using film unappealing to me.

I have decided to shoot several rolls of film this Fall though, as I'd like to compare scenes shot with both film and digital at the same exposure and focal length to see which medium I actually prefer?

I have a feeling that I'll prefer the look of film but the delay in seeing the results may be too much to overcome?

Regardless of the preference I will continue to shoot a few rolls of film each year because I am a dinosaur and I generally prefer the old way to the new way in most of my hobbies.

Regards,

Tim Murphy
Harrisburg, PA

Old 10-15-2016   #88
ruby.monkey

Mostly a Fuji X-T1 and X100T. I'm also breaking in my Nikon F100.

Old 10-15-2016   #89
FStrikwerda

Canon 6d and Ricoh GR

Old 10-15-2016   #90
raid
Dad Photographer

I am saving film photography for sunny days. The rest is used with digital cameras.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffg...n.php?cid=7007

http://raid.smugmug.com/

Old 10-15-2016   #91
Tim Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by raid View Post
I am saving film photography for sunny days. The rest is used with digital cameras.
Dear Raid,

I'm just curious but do you process your own film, or do you send it out?

I am by no means a skilled photographer but I do know what I like and what I hope to record when shooting a scene. I find the immediate feedback from digital to be of great value to me, as it gives me an immediate opportunity to correct a failure in most cases.

Regards,

Tim Murphy
Harrisburg, PA

Old 10-15-2016   #92
raid
Dad Photographer

I use 220 and 120 film in the SWC, and I send both film types out for processing.

Old 10-15-2016   #93
gb hill

Been shooting landscapes with film SLR & PanF on a tripod. Fun.

Old 10-15-2016   #94
Juan Valdenebro
Truth is beauty

Film RF's... Not even film SLR's or my Hasselblad recently...
Cheers,
Juan

Old 10-15-2016   #95
rhl-oregon
jolly good dog Robert

Film cameras in midroll:

Pen FT / 25/2.8, TM100
Bessa T / CV 21/4, [email protected]
Fuji GF 670, Ektar

Digital cameras with current projects (i.e., unedited files/plans to shoot more):
Kolari A7 / Contax G 28/2.8
Leica T / ZM Sonnar 50/1.5
RX100
XPro / 24/1.7

Robert Hill Long Tumblr

Old 10-17-2016   #96
Pioneer

I voted for the film rangefinder category, and this is reflective of my typical camera usage. But my actual use of film has been out of the ordinary during the past six months, at least for me.

I have actually carried and used large format and medium format more days in the last six months than I have used the rangefinder. As an example, the total square inches of large format film exceeds the total square inches of 35mm film put through my rangefinders.

Since this is the result of a single month project that has really skewed the results for the past six months, I have chosen to consider it an outlier.

It is almost as good as a fast horse!
Dan

Old 10-22-2016   #97
OddE
Recovering GAS addict.

I have to admit I've mostly used a DSLR - my trusty old Nikon D3.

I really need to get myself something rangefinder-y digital - the main reason for dragging the D3 around is that instantly available photos are highly sought after among the rest of the family.

Now, when I go shooting just for my own pleasure (a rare occasion nowadays, with three small kids in the house) - I mostly take my M4, on occasion also the ZI. While I find the ZI more convenient than the M4, there's something about the feel of the M4 which simply (IMHO) cannot be replicated by anything else except maybe another vintage M body - everything just feels 'right'.

-Odd Erling - Aalesund, Norway

M4 and Zeiss Ikon ZM, 35mm and 50mm Summicrons, 90mm Tele-Elmarit // Fujica G690, 100mm f/3.5 (Nikon SLRs+lenses, too...) - Mostly streetscapes and architecture.

Old 11-06-2016   #98
Steve M.

None. I went back to drawing and painting, and let me tell you, it feels pretty strange not having a camera slung over my shoulder like I had for decades. Sometimes I feel it would be OK to have a small digital something or other in case something of interest pops up, but normally I can either sketch it quickly or call it back up from memory and do the same thing.

It is certainly different having a finished image in 2-10 minutes though! No processing, no developing, no printing, there it is, and it's not a virtual image on a screen, it's in the "real" world.

I bought a beautiful Rolleiflex thinking it might be good to have around. Just in case. But I sold it quickly here because it was just going to start the whole thing up again. I can either focus on photography or I can focus on the drawing and painting, I can't do both, for whatever reason.

Old 11-06-2016   #99
raid
Dad Photographer

I have never done painting or drawing, so my best choice for a hobby is photography for me.

Old 11-06-2016   #100
Mackinaw
Think Different

Back in May when I first answered this question, my 4X5 was probably my most-used camera. Now that it’s November, and looking back over the past several months, I’d say my M240 has been my most-used camera.

Jim B.

http://snowcountryphotography.com

My RFF Gallery:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/phot...user=1453&sl=m

Old 11-06-2016   #101
raid
Dad Photographer

Bag 1: M8 and M9
Bag 2: Olympus E-P2 and E-PL1
Bag 3: Hasselblad SWC
=========================

I pick up one bag from the above, and if there may exist very nice photography opportunities, it is [1,3] or [2,3].

Old 11-06-2016   #102
ASA 32

I've been exercising my cameras: Canon F1N, A1 and T90; Contax G2 (2), Zeiss Ikon; Pentax 6x7 and 67II, Pentax 645 NII. So far.

Old 11-06-2016   #103
oltimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raid View Post
Bag 1: M8 and M9
Bag 2: Olympus E-P2 and E-PL1
Bag 3: Hasselblad SWC
=========================

I pick up one bag from the above, and if there may exist very nice photography opportunities, it is [1,3] or [2,3].
I admire your honesty Raid. It is very hard to not to pick up the Hassey for film, and send it out to have whatever you want done with it. The results are premium.

Old 11-06-2016   #104
raid
Dad Photographer

I bought the SWC after I bought the M8 and M9 with the main goal to keep me attached to a film camera too. It worked out well.

Old 11-12-2016   #105
lawrence

I have been gradually entering the world of mirrorless, just to see how I like it, and this year bought a FujiFilm X30 and X-A1. The X30 came first and it's a lovely little camera but I found that the sensor is just too small to give good results in poor light, so I bought the X-A1 which is capable of excellent results in near darkness. The Fuji lenses I've purchased are 18mm, 27mm and 18-55mm. The first two, which are extremely light, make a great travel combo and the 18-55m is simply the finest zoom I have ever used. For film, I'm still using the Zeiss Ikon ZM and Leica M6TTL while occasionally reverting to a Nikon FM.

Having established that I like the FujiFilm system it's very tempting to lust after an X-T2 or whatever but I seriously doubt that the results will be that much different to the X-A1, so for the moment I'm happy with what I've got. The hefty Nikon D700, still a wonderful camera, is now reserved for specific projects.

Old 11-21-2016   #107
jsrockit

Mostly a X-Pro2.

Old 11-21-2016   #108
dleyva2

Canon Ixus.......fun little machine.

Old 11-23-2016   #109
Jim-st

Digital Compact (LX100)
Leica Digital (M9)
and Other Digital (GX7)

Since I bought an LX100 before a 4-week sojourn in Italy in September, it's been my most used camera of the last 6 months, with just over 2K shots in my LR library. Next up the M9, with c.1K, and my GX7 has oddly fallen back to third place with c.700 shots

There's still a roll in my Trip35, but I think it's more than 6 months since I took it out

Interesting reading, here

Jim

Old 11-24-2016   #110
Jake Mongey

Like the madman I am i have been using my RB67 as a daily carry, doing street photos and portraiture!

Old 12-11-2016   #111
seany65

A Ricoh 500GX with lomog. lady Grey film. It's my first film through.

Frame 1 will be over-exposed as I forgot it was set to 'B' (as the meter needle doesn't move then so I hope that means the meter is switched off). I think frame 2 will also be over-exposed, I can't quite remember why. Frame 3 should be alright but it'll have a bit of flair in the top left. Frame 4 is a crap pic. Frame 5 may be exposed well enough but I doubt it'll be a good pic.

Missed a few pics as I forgot to unlock the shutter button. Found it best to set aperture and speed and then focus, as it's easy to move the focus ring while changing speeds or aperture.

That's as far as I've got.

Old 01-24-2017   #112
BrooklyNYC

Voigtlander Bessa R3A or Leica M7.

Old 01-24-2017   #113
Deardorff38

Rolleiflex T. Every time there's an option for a bigger negative to print from, i choose the next size up..... & the Rollei is just so small and handy

Old 01-25-2017   #114
benlees

Ricoh GR10, Bronica SQ, Fuji GS645S, Pentax MX, iphone

Old 01-25-2017   #115
peterm1

These days I am shooting M4/3 a lot because of two factors. First they can mount just about any lens type available with suitable adapters and damn they are small and light. When traveling overseas this is especially an issue, not so much because of the camera body size and weight but because of the the lens size snd weight which is where the real savings are. Compared to my Nikon D700 and a fast prime plus maybe two pro zooms (wide to normal and normal to long) the M4/3 outfit is tiny to travel with. A real back saver.

Old 03-03-2017   #116
mich rassena

I bought a used Olympus Pen micro 4/3 camera from KEH three months ago. I had gotten too deep into reading APUG, shooting film, and found myself stagnating without access to color producing less than a few images a week. I'll get back in the darkroom soon, but I've enjoyed having a small camera I can carry with me and the ability to photograph and produce pictures the same day. I also really bought into the idea of non-native lenses for the camera, have a number of adapters. I mostly use C-mount lenses, though I have a Pentax 110 24mm and my choice of m42, Argus and Nikon lenses. It's just a fun little system. It's a bit noisy, and I miss critical focusing with a viewfinder, but all-in-all, it's been great to get back to actually taking photographs, worrying less about the details and more about the big picture.

Old 05-15-2017   #117
Rayt

Most recently I took two Rollei TLR's to Budapest - original Rolleiwide with 55mm Distagon and a 3.5F Planar. TMX400. Earlier this year I went to Joshua Tree National Park with Ebony SW45 and the 90/8 SW Nikkor. Neopan Acros 100 Quickloads. I haven't shot 35mm format in a year.

Old 05-15-2017   #118
Dogman

For the last year or more I've continued to use only Fuji mirrorless with a sprinkling of Ricoh GRII for added flavor. Why? Size, weight and handling plus some really great lenses.

Old 05-15-2017   #119
unixrevolution

The last six months have been cold and wet, so mostly digitals and the occasional medium format or 35mm film camera.

Summer's coming, time for the 4x5

"I decided to stop collecting cameras and become a photographer."

Old 05-15-2017   #120
gnuyork

While my film go to is my M6, I recently pulled some old SLRs out of storage for fun... I forgot how much I like using older manual SLRs. It's what I started on.