Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Cameras in the Movies / TV / Media

Cameras in the Movies / TV / Media If you are a photographer, it's difficult not to appreciate movies too. In this forum you can discuss movies, as well as the cameras used in them. What camera used in what film / TV show etc has long been a topic of discussion at RFF. Whether the Exakta and 400mm Kilfitt lens in Hitchcock's Rear Window or the Nikons in Eastwood's Bridges of Madison County, cameras are tools which reflect the time and technology of the film.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #41
airfrogusmc

Hey John,

Boogie a bit more documentary as well as Davidson but Mark, Gilden and Erwitt maybe not so much though I don't really like labels like street photography. I thought the history part was really good. I thought it was great seeing and hearing words from all those New York photographers and it is all in one place.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #42
johnwolf

Not to open that can of worms again, but "street photography" needs a little flaneur sensibility, IMO. Of course, I agree about labels and the problems they cause. Not only in photography.

John

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #43
vitaly66

Funny Face (1957), Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire.

The darkroom dance sequence is unique and a lot of fun, one of my favorite dance sequences in cinema.

And who cannot enjoy Audrey Hepburn at the peak of her youthful beauty!

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #44
Big Ursus

Great thread!

gb hill, thanks for "The life of W. Eugene Smith: Photography Made Difficult". It's lovely! John Berger's appearance in it is a marvelous surprise.

Also, another thumb's up for "Everybody Street," which I found on Youtube a while ago.