Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Coffee With Mentors > Tom Abrahamsson of RapidWinder.com

Tom Abrahamsson of RapidWinder.com It is almost never that an inventor improves on a Leica product so that it is better than the original Leica product. Tom holds that distinction with his RapidWinder for Leica M rangefinders -- a bottom mounting baseplate trigger advance. In addition Tom manufacturers other Leica accessories such as his very popular Soft Release and MiniSoftRelease shutter releases. Tom is well known as one of the true Leica rangefinder experts, even by Leica. IMPORTANT READ THIS: CWE Forum hosts have moderation powers within their forum. Please observe copyright laws by not copying and posting their material elsewhere without permission.

Old 09-17-2016   #441
lxmike
M2 love

What a great read this thread has been, and l can now joint the club as l pick up my M2 this week and a canon 50mm 1.4 ltm too

myblog:lifefromawindow

myRFFgallery:

Old 09-21-2016   #442
lxmike
M2 love

just arrived, well l needed to put a Tom soft release somewhere and where better than a 1958 M2 with Canon LTM 50mm 1,4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14440760_1480415535307152_1034062328090808134_n.jpg (25.0 KB, 66 views)

myRFFgallery:

Old 09-21-2016   #443
giulio stucchi

Welcome to to the club Mike!
My 1958 M2 is my all time fave camera.
Enjoy.

Giulio

Old 09-21-2016   #444
lxmike
M2 love

Quote:
Originally Posted by giulio stucchi View Post
Welcome to to the club Mike!
My 1958 M2 is my all time fave camera.
Enjoy.

Giulio

Many thanks Guilio, I cannot believe how smooth my camera is, ideally l would like to add a reweind handle attachment to the rewind knob

myRFFgallery:

Old 10-09-2016   #445
Chromacomaphoto

Probably my fave Leica ever, love the m3 too but need those 35mm framelines! Enjoy it and shoot in good health.

Old 11-24-2016   #446
lxmike
M2 love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom A View Post

The Cameraquest rewind crank. Probably the best of all that I have. Not cheap - but it is more or less a one-time purchase - and it speeds up rewinding and reloading considerably. Looks good on a chrome M2/M3 - but the nickel color looks good on the black M2's and M3's too.
are these still available, I have a Tom softie for my M2 and would love rewind crank

myRFFgallery:

Old 04-05-2017   #447
PunkFunkDunk

Finally, I bought an M2. Nabbed this baby on eBay from the collection of NYC photographer Tom Grill for US$750, a bargain for the condition. Sent it off to Youxin Ye for a CLA as Tom said it had been stored in his bag unused for a decade. The shutter speeds sounded accurate to my ears, but I did notice some damage to the curtain and a slightly dim viewfinder. Dealing with Youxin was prompt and professional. I paid for the CLA plus replacement shutter curtain and upgrade of the viewfinder window to a multi-coated variety. The original vulcanite was in tip top shape so I was able to keep it. Yes, the CLA with return courier from Sydney to Boston cost me almost as much as the body but it was worth it: this M2 is good to go for another few decades at least. Not being a fan of the "bokeh cruch", I was perfectly happy with investing in a Voightlander 35mm f/2.5 Color Skopar, bought new from the official Voightlander distributor in Australia, Mainline Photographics. For me it's "fast", given my 35mm lenses for other film systems (Canon FD, etc) were always 2.8 anyway. Plus I love grain and pushing film. It's currently loaded with Acros for a test run. Can't wait to see the results and get back into developing in the laundry with D-76. Having used an M4-P for long stretches while at art school 15 years ago, it's sweet to finally have my own Leica M.

Old 04-05-2017   #448
sara

I'm just going to sell mine
But I need the money and I have the M6...

Old 04-15-2017   #449
Penzes

classics by István Pénzes, on Flickr

my flickr