Old 03-14-2017   #41
ramosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by borge View Post
I've owned X-Pro1, X-Pro2, MMv1 (twice, once when it was launched in 2012, and I bought a brand new old-stock recently), M240, and also own an MP that I use with B&W film.

I love the MMv1. I sold the X-Pro2 and all my Fuji glass to re-purchase it. There's just something about those files. I also wrote many reviews on the MMv1 some years ago that is on my website.

The X-Pro2's files doesn't come close in my opinion.

I use the MMv1 with Zeiss ZM glass now (which I also use on the MP with film). Previously I've basically tried about every lens in the Leica catalog with my Leica bodies, but these Zeiss lenses are actually some of my absolute favorites, especially on the MMv1. The Biogon 35/2 on the MMv1 is much more appealing than the Summicron 35 ASPH for example. The same goes with the 35/1.4 Lux FLE. Non-aspherical lenses looks great on film and the MMv1. I can't speak of the MM246 as I generally never had interested in it. I had an M240 that I liked, but never was a big fan of, but I mostly only used it for color, and shot B&W film on my MP instead of using the digital files for B&W.

Finding a "brand new" MMv1 with full warranty and everything a couple of months ago was great! I simply love the results from this B&W CCD sensor.

Cool to see that you're back with an MM1. Over the years, I have read your related website essays and thread comments (and traded a few messages with you). I finally got one a few months ago, also a new old-stock, and I love it. It puts an end to several years, post-M8, when I experimented wildly with cameras (e.g., M9, M6, M7, Sony Rx1r, Ricoh GR4 and GR, Fuji X100t). The MM1 is a solid basic camera, with wonderful rangefinder functionality and (for my purposes) the best censor ever.

The search is over!

Old 03-15-2017   #42
K_iwi

same here....MM1>M240>M246, plus a Fuji & Sony detour, and now back to MM1 again.

I love the MM1 files...there's nothing quite like them