Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Half Frames / Subminiatures

Half Frames / Subminiatures This forum is for all half frame 35mm cameras, including the very popular Olympus Pens and their SLR cousins, the Pen F and Pen FT, as well as all smaller than half frame subminiature film cameras.

Olympus 25mm side by side size compare?
Old 05-22-2017   #1
newfilm

Olympus 25mm side by side size compare?

As right now I'm having really enjoyable time shooting this Pen F (the original 35mm film version) half-frame (those 72 frames keeps going and going!), I'm thinking getting a wider than the 38mm (for those time i'm in a restaurant shooting across the table at my wife or when i want some more environment around the subject in the picture), naturally I think I'll settle with 25mm (f4/f2.8)

Before I make further decision may I request the esteem members around here to show me a picture of both the f4 and f2.8 version side by side? I have seen picture of them both separately in this forum, but is a little difficult to visually gauge the size different. I understand image quality wise this two version are both very good, and with my skill set either would work just fine I suppose, i'm leaning towards the 2.8 as it give 1 stop more light, so size of that two is the final inquiry I have.

as usual, many thanks for any comments!

Old 05-22-2017   #2
Arbitrarium

I assume you're talking about Pen F lenses? You didn't specify which Olympus half frame you were talking about =P

Old 05-22-2017   #3
newfilm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitrarium View Post
I assume you're talking about Pen F lenses? You didn't specify which Olympus half frame you were talking about =P
you are right I did not specified which Pen F was it, I edited the thread now to reflect that