Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Zeiss Contax

Zeiss Contax Forum for the classic Zeiss Contax I, II, III, IIa, IIIa , G series, and if you want to push it, the nice Contax point and shoots. Some spill over from the Kievs, the Soviet copy of the Contax II/III can also be expected. Plus the ONLY production camera ever made in classic Zeiss Contax Rangefinder mount WITH TTL metering ... the Voigtlander Bessa R2C.

Contax G1 and flash TLA200 off camera: Does TTL work with Nikon Flash cable?
Old 01-11-2017   #1
Roel

Contax G1 and flash TLA200 off camera: Does TTL work with Nikon Flash cable?

I have a Contax g1 and TLA200 set up. It does TTL flash. I read somewhere that Nikon cable work with this combination for Off camera TTL flash.

I tried it with my Nikon sc-28 cable. The flash fires and i get flash ready confirmation in the finder. Can anyone confirm that the TTL function does work?

Not sure about the pin arrangement but it looks very similar to Nikon. The little Contax flash has 1 center pin and one extra pin. Provided that the extra pin also triggers the flash readiness signal it should also work in TTL i think..

Any user experience/info would be great.