Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film

Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film Discuss Image processing -- traditional darkoom or digital lightroom here. Notice there are subcategories to narrow down subject matter. .

Old 12-11-2016   #41
Jake Mongey

I highly recommend anyone to try rollei retro 80s, its a beautiful film with virtually no grain and beautiful tones all round. It has the properties of cutting through fog though as i remembered after shooting foggy landscapes and finding the fog effect reduced!

Old 12-11-2016   #42
Timmyjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesun267 View Post
I'm curious to hear yours (and other 5222 shooters) opinions of the difference between Tri-X and Double-X. Disclosure: I have a sneaking suspicion they are the same emulsion.
I find them to be different. Double XX is far grainier in my use, compared to Tri-X. I regularly push Double XX to ISO 1600, with OK results, never had great results pushing Tri-X.

I like using Double XX with my vintage glass, lenses made from about 1949 to 1975. And I slap a yellow filter on each lens. I find the lower contrast of Double XX to be more pleasing to my eye than Tri-X, and I find I like the way Double XX renders mid-tones.

Completely subjective I'll admit.

Best,
-Tim

New Photo Books
Sturgis Stories & Scenes From Sturgis
now available

Old 12-11-2016   #43
gb hill

I like the Arista EDU films because they lay flat for scanning. The EDU 100 developed in Ilford's Perceptol look incredible. As of late though I've been buying Kentmere 100 & 400 films to try.