There's a crack in my...
Old 11-07-2016   #1
Jhausler

There's a crack in my...

Sensor

I saw Harry Jiang's recent thread, and it sounds like they'll replace it for free. I'm in CO and will likely give NJ a call tomorrow.

Should I tell them there's a sensor crack, or just play the "sensor corrosion" card? I still have the original sensor at the moment.

I'm also going to be in SF in early December and thought about letting Myles deal with it, as he's been great in the past.

I have no idea how it cracked.. it's small and on the edge. I've mostly been shooting film and haven't even used the M9 much in the past few months... ***.

Old 11-07-2016   #2
Huss

Not sure who Myles is but it's going to need a new sensor which means it will need to be sent to NJ. I wouldn't wait until December to give it to someone who will ship it to NJ anyway. Call them tomorrow and ship ASAP and be prepared for a 3-6 month wait.
Don't worry about it being cracked or corroded, they'll see what is wrong when they get it and will fix for free.

Old 11-08-2016   #3
harryjiang

You should not worry too much. Leica Kyoto replaced the sensor without asking any question. It seems sensor IR filter crack is a known problem.

Anyway, good luck!

Harry

Old 11-08-2016   #4
Jhausler

Thanks for the advice, i'll give NJ a ring today.

I confused Myles with Wayne, the guys from Leica Store SF.