Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film

Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film Discuss Image processing -- traditional darkoom or digital lightroom here. Notice there are subcategories to narrow down subject matter. .

Ugly light spots in my negs?
Old 10-12-2016   #1
papo

Ugly light spots in my negs?

I just got my roll from the lab that i shot with my new AE-1 and i keep getting these ugly ass light spots.

With the exception of one friggin photo, they all have these light spots or whatever (lack of a better word)

These shots are from my HP5 but they are also on the developed Ektar. What could the issue possibly be? The spots seem to be realtively always in the same area, regardless if i shoot horizontally or vertically.

Old 10-12-2016   #2
bakemono

Seems like some light is leaking in.
Have you changed the light seal foams on your camera?
If that's the problem it's an easy diy job.

Old 10-12-2016   #3
papo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakemono View Post
Seems like some light is leaking in.
Have you changed the light seal foams on your camera?
If that's the problem it's an easy diy job.
Havent changed jack but the foam did come off for the most part, theres only a small fraction of it left which could explain my problem. I have a Portra 400 inside which is half way shot so i wont open it yet

Old 10-12-2016   #4
bakemono

I would write down the frame you are on, rewind the roll (taking care to leave some leader out) and after fixing the light seals replace the film. Then just take some photos with lens cap on until you are a frame or two over the current one. That way at least half a roll would be leak-free

Old 10-12-2016   #5
papo

Thanks, will do. I just ordered some seals..i dont know why i didnt even think of considering this as a potential issue