Fuji Canada's service
Old 08-02-2016   #1
Big Ursus

Unhappy Fuji Canada's service

Hi Folks,
This weekend, I dropped my camera bag three feet to a wooden floor, and my X-T1's tripod socket was knocked apart. Part of it's rattling inside the body; so, today, I took it to the local store where I bought it, and the people there are going to send it to Fuji Canada. There's no warranty coverage, and that's seems fair. I was told I'll get a repair estimate in two weeks.

I'm telling y'all this sad tale because many of the internet stories about Fuji Canada's service aren't very reassuring. I'll keep you posted.

Here's hoping for the best.

Old 08-11-2016   #2
Big Ursus

Cool

Here's an update. McBain Camera called back on 10-aug-16. That's where I had bought X-T1, and where I had taken it for repair. The nice lady told me Fuji will charge me $115 to repair the tripod socket. Fuji will replace the USB cover without charge. That sounded OK, and I authorised the repairs. I also asked Fuji to check the mounting of the LCD screen.

The McBain's lady said I could expect the camera to be returned in 2 to 3 weeks.

So far, Fujiís repair service has performed better than it promised to do.

Old 08-11-2016   #3
Moto-Uno
Moto-Uno

^I could tell you a story about Nikon Canada , but there's not enough space or time left
in my life . After 6 months , it was finally finished to my satisfaction , but what a process.
Peter

Old 08-21-2016   #4
Big Ursus

Exclamation

On Friday, there was a message on my phone that Fuji had returned my X-T1 to McBain's - Wow Wee! That's much faster then promised. Unfortunately, I won't be able to check it out until Monday - I'll keep you informed.

Old 08-23-2016   #5
Big Ursus

Thumbs up

Yesterday, I picked up my repaired X-T1. The total charge was $155 (Canadian). That included a $40 charge for the repair estimate. I should also mention that McBain Camera packed and mailed the X-T1 for me. I assume that was included in that $40 charge.

The tripod socket and the screen look fine, and the USB door was replaced at no charge. I've taken about a dozen test pictures so far, and all seems well.

I should also mention that, when I took the camera in, on 02-aug-16, I was told I might have to wait 6 weeks before I got it back. In fact, it was ready to be picked up on 19-aug-16, which strikes me as pretty quick.

So- full marks Fuji Canada Service, and thanks very much!