Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Cameras in the Movies / TV / Media

Cameras in the Movies / TV / Media If you are a photographer, it's difficult not to appreciate movies too. In this forum you can discuss movies, as well as the cameras used in them. What camera used in what film / TV show etc has long been a topic of discussion at RFF. Whether the Exakta and 400mm Kilfitt lens in Hitchcock's Rear Window or the Nikons in Eastwood's Bridges of Madison County, cameras are tools which reflect the time and technology of the film.

Old 06-09-2015   #41
Taipei-metro

Digi vs Film photography
let's have a duel,
digi, Toshiro Mifune, left, film Tatsuya Nakadai right...

https://youtu.be/5gEYlVmclrU?t=1m15s

in 'Sanjuro', dir. A. Kurosawa
shot in fuji film stock b and w of course...
nsfw for sword cutting scene

Old 07-01-2015   #42
airfrogusmc

I like both B&W film and B&W digital. Better is very subjective. I have seen some amazing prints from digital and of course from film as well as some very poorly crafted prints from both.

I've probably printed more B&W and color images than most. Almost 4 decades in the darkroom and I did custom color and B&W printing professionally as well as always processing and printing my personal work. Also did some large format zone system work. Did all the tests etc. I have seen good and bad movies shot on digital and film and I have seen great and a lot of bad photography shot on film and digital.

John thanks for the suggestion. From the trailer the movie looks visually stunning. Now if I can just see it on the big screen the way it was meant to be seen. I'll keep my eye out for a theater.