Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Sony Alpha 7 / NEX Mirrorless > Sony NEX APS-C format

Sony NEX APS-C format For the many Sony fixed lens digital compact cameras

Error 61 on RX1R
Old 08-19-2014   #1
Lss

Error 61 on RX1R

My Sony RX1R stopped focusing with e61:00 flashing in the screen. I can confirm the Googled solution of brute force on the camera to fix the issue. It seems a couple of firm taps on the lens with your finger solves the problem (or the symptoms). It sure worked for me. The only other solution I know of is sending your camera off to Sony.

Old 08-19-2014   #2
zuiko85

If this keeps up then soon, when you press the shutter release, you cameras computer will want to have a philosophical discussion with you about the reason you want to take that picture.

Old 08-19-2014   #3
Lss

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuiko85 View Post
you cameras computer will want to have a philosophical discussion with you about the reason you want to take that picture.
Aha, perhaps this is the reason for the hit-and-miss AF that often gives nice and sharp backgrounds to go with those blurry subjects. The camera simply knows better.

Old 07-02-2015   #4
Lss

A bit more than 10 months later, my camera today gave the same error a second time. A couple taps, and the error was still there. A couple more taps, and it works again. I did not lose any shots this time, just a minute getting the camera running again.

Old 12-04-2015   #5
Lss

And yesterday I had the error for the third time. This time the camera also indicated an almost empty battery (although it was almost full) while going through the error cycle. I had to repeat the tapping exercise 4-5 times to make the error disappear.

Old 01-08-2017   #6
Lss

No error 61 in 2016.