Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > SLRs - the unRF

SLRs - the unRF For those of you who must talk about SLRs, if only to confirm they are not RF.

View Poll Results: Vote for your most essential Hasselblad focal lengths
30mm 1 0.43%
40mm 14 6.06%
50mm 66 28.57%
60mm 27 11.69%
80mm 154 66.67%
100mm 30 12.99%
120mm 16 6.93%
150mm 59 25.54%
180mm 13 5.63%
250mm 5 2.16%
350mm 1 0.43%
500mm 1 0.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Week Ago   #81
oltimer

Wide is my fav, and have several Lenses, but my most used one is the 40. I'd love a 38, but that is a totally separate unit.

Old 1 Week Ago   #82
Darthfeeble
Accidental Photographer

I got the camera for Landscapes, thus the 40 f4. Anybody have a B104 Red Filter to sell?

Old 1 Week Ago   #83
oltimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthfeeble View Post
I got the camera for Landscapes, thus the 40 f4. Anybody have a B104 Red Filter to sell?
Darth, that's one filter I have never purchased for the Hassey. You can bet when a good one comes out on the Bay; it will be snapped up fast, as the 40 is a well used lens. Ever thought about a real deep orange?. There's a real nice one on the Bay now; and again not cheap.

Old 1 Week Ago   #84
L. M. Tu

38mm Biogon

Old 1 Week Ago   #85
besk

When I used a Hasselblad the 80 was by far the most used. Had a 50, 60, 80, 150, 250 at one time or another. Used them all at one time or another.

Old 1 Week Ago   #86
KM-25

Quote:
Originally Posted by oltimer View Post
Darth, that's one filter I have never purchased for the Hassey. You can bet when a good one comes out on the Bay; it will be snapped up fast, as the 40 is a well used lens. Ever thought about a real deep orange?. There's a real nice one on the Bay now; and again not cheap.
Definitely a good reason for going with the CF version, it uses 93mm drop-in types which can be economically adapted to much more common 95mm filters via this adapter ring. I use it with both my 40mm F4 FLE CF and 350mm F5.6 CF, it does vignette a bit with the 40 but it's way better than nothing especially when using filters like a polarizer or R72 for infrared.

Old 1 Week Ago   #87
oltimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM-25 View Post
Definitely a good reason for going with the CF version, it uses 93mm drop-in types which can be economically adapted to much more common 95mm filters via this adapter ring. I use it with both my 40mm F4 FLE CF and 350mm F5.6 CF, it does vignette a bit with the 40 but it's way better than nothing especially when using filters like a polarizer or R72 for infrared.
Your Lens is a beauty, and in the long run; way cheaper on filters due to lots out there. A polar for mine cost me $400 (used), but like new

Old 1 Week Ago   #88
Rob-F
It's Only a Hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. M. Tu View Post
38mm Biogon
I wanted to include the 38mm Biogon in the survey, but there were not enough response options, so I thought it best to include the lenses that fit on the 500CM bodies. Nevertheless, I do have a 500CM and it is one of my most-used Hassie lenses. I'm a wide-angle type. I use the 38, 40, 50, 60 the most. I do have the 80, 100, and 150, but they are used less. I bought the 100 because it is such a well-regarded lens; but I seem not to find much application for the focal length, and the 150 doesn't see that much use, either. Somehow I find the 120 Makro-Planar a good focal length, but I didn't keep it because of its softness at longer focal lengths. Maybe I should go back to it, and just live with the softness?