Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Konica RF / Zeiss Ikon ZM Leica Mount Rangefinders

Konica RF / Zeiss Ikon ZM Leica Mount Rangefinders Konica and Zeiss versions of the AE electronic film rangefinder camera

25mm F2.8 ZM not good for long exposure?
Old 6 Days Ago   #1
Alm3000

25mm F2.8 ZM not good for long exposure?

Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask around if anyone has experience with the Zeiss 25mm 2.8 ZM lens for long exposures, star trails, Milky Way shots? This past September, i was in main for the star festival. I started using my Leica 35 1.4 and getting amazing results. Then I used my 90 2.8 and got great results. However, when i needed a bit wider fov, i put on the 25 zm. I adjusted my setting and shot away. When i started looking over my photos on the computer, all of the zeiss shots where dark, no details...nothing. Any ideas?

PS. I've used the 25mm for day shots or shots out with friends in a dark restaurants and the results are usually great.

Thanks

Old 6 Days Ago   #2
SaveKodak

You're saying you got completely blank images? Or that the exposure is bad?

Old 6 Days Ago   #3
brennanphotoguy

Any examples?

Old 6 Days Ago   #4
FrozenInTime

Exposure of point sources, i.e. stars, is based on physical aperture: so 25/2.8 would be about 3 stops down on a 35/1.4
It's the weird colour scheme that freaks me. Every time you try to operate one of these weird black controls, which are labeled in black on a black background, a small black light lights up black to let you know you've done it.