Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > RFF Polls

View Poll Results: How many digital cameras have we owned? (Phones out, please...)
None 6 2.70%
1 or 2 31 13.96%
3-5 64 28.83%
6-10 52 23.42%
More than 10 69 31.08%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2016   #81
CMur12

I have only had one digital camera, a little Canon P&S that my sister bought me for Christmas a few years ago. It has no viewfinder, so I can't stabilize it against my face. It has no image stabilization and I have a tremor in my hands, so it's an exercise in futility trying to get a sharp image.

I have taken a handful of P&S images, viewable on the camera's LCD screen, but nothing more. When asked why I haven't used it much, I tell people that I still can't find the aperture ring or the shutter speed dial.

- Murray

Old 11-10-2016   #82
geoffallen

I bought an X-Pro1 two days ago (thanks RFF, for the GAS). Now, with my 5Dii, that makes the highest amount of digital cameras I have ever owned at one time two.

That also bumps my ratio of film cameras to digital up to a respectable 6:1.

Old 11-10-2016   #83
Darthfeeble
Accidental Photographer

Way too many, all bought high and sold low.

Old 11-12-2016   #84
Cyriljay

I never want to own a Digital camera but My first Digital is M8U and I am still cherishing it. alway.
I never want to add any either but one day perhaps a M Monochrome .

Old 1 Week Ago   #85
kb244

~2000 (new)
Kodak DC3200 1.3MP [lost in move]

~2001(new)
Canon Digital Elph S110 2MP [stolen in my sleep by neighbor]

~2003 (new)
Canon Powershot G3 4MP [not sure what happened to it]

~2004 (new)
Canon Digital Rebel 300D 6.3MP [sold to an aspiring model who ended up being both a model and photographer for Ford Modeling]

~2005-ish
*Whole Slew of Film cameras ranging from Minox-B all the way to a 5x7 Linhof*
Most of the film camera and equipment were sold off around 2010 during my separation and eventual divorce. Was keeping most of my belongings down to something I could grab and go with in just a suitcase and backpack.

~2007 (new)
Pentax K10D 10MP [sold]
Primarily because it was more affordable, weather sealed, and easier to adapt most my manual focus lens onto.
Especially as about the 2005-2007 time period I worked at the Camera Center LLC which had 98% of it's inventory being film cameras and equipment, particularly vintage. The store unfortunately went out of business in December of 2007.

~2011 (new)
Olympus Pen E-P3 [kept]
What got me sold on Mirrorless. Main reason I looked at Olympus on the digital end was I was such a fan of the Olympus Pen-FT half frame SLR that I wanted to see what they ended up doing on the digital side. I was also sold on the ability to adapt just about any of my film lens, including LTM and the ability to focus accurately without worry of the registration distance being slightly off.

Up until about 2014, I only had the 17/2.8 it came with as an autofocus lens, the rest were adapted manual focus lens such as the Pentax-M 50/1.4 or the Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 1:1 Macro Adaptall. Around this time I went ahead and picked up a Sigma DN-Art 60/2.8 and 30/2.8 as some autofocus options. I Still have the 60/2.8 as my tabletop studio lens as it's very sharp especially in closer focusing distances.

~2015 (all used, starting early 2015)

Olympus TG-630 [kept]
mainly for a pocketable waterproof rugged camera that even the kids can run around without much worry, was less than $100 at a goodwill.

Olympus OM-D E-M5 x2 (my primary camera) [kept both including the inoperative one]
Got the first one used for about $320 which came with batteries, a JB peruvian walnut grip, etc. Around the same time I also started upgrading my on-the-go native lens set up with an Olympus 12/2.0, Panasonic 20/1.7, and Olympus 45/1.8, as well as picking up a Pentax mount Rokinon 85/1.4 to be adapted. Also have an Olympus 9mm f/8 which I rarely use, but I keep it in my bag as it's so tiny there's little reason why I can't keep it on hand.

The first one died around may of 2016, the shutter just locked shut and wouldn't turn back on. I haven't sent it out yet for repair (which would be about 160 for the flat rate). I instead opted to get another used one for about 300 with some wasabi batteries. Eventually I'll send off the dead one so that I have a second body.

I eventually hope to get the E-M1 Mk2, but it'll be a couple years.

~currently

Still own the E-P3, TG-630, and E-M5. As of last semester been getting more interested in video.

I'm also re-acquiring some lost-loves of film bodies starting with the Canon 7, especially since I have a justifiable reason for doing so as I start the film photography class this semester.

Would like to eventually get an Olympus 35RC and Pen-FT again but for now I'm concentrating on LTM.