Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Zeiss Contax

Zeiss Contax Forum for the classic Zeiss Contax I, II, III, IIa, IIIa , G series, and if you want to push it, the nice Contax point and shoots. Some spill over from the Kievs, the Soviet copy of the Contax II/III can also be expected. Plus the ONLY production camera ever made in classic Zeiss Contax Rangefinder mount WITH TTL metering ... the Voigtlander Bessa R2C.

Genuine 'Jena'?
Old 12-22-2016   #1
Grytpype

Genuine 'Jena'?

This camera looks exactly like all the other supposedly genuine Jenas I've seen on eBay, all of which have a 'Carl Zeiss Jena' logo, which this seller appears to think marks it as a Kiev fake. Perhaps the seller is just rather ill-informed - very surprising for a dealer.

The bidders (I wasn't one of them!) obviously also believe it is a real one. Do the experts here agree?

Old 12-22-2016   #2
Spanik

From his description I understand he says the camera is a fake but the lens is likely a real one.

Old 12-22-2016   #3
Paul T.

Incredible price.