Old 01-06-2017   #1521
Chromacomaphoto
Registered User
 
Chromacomaphoto is offline
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelwj View Post
One from the Christmas parade in town. For some reason they had astronauts dancing?

M6, 1.4/35 pre-asph, Fomapan 400 at 250 in R09
This is so insane, I like it a lot.
__________________
http://www.chromacomaphoto.com
Photos of Thailand and Thai people. Bangkok street and candids, urban landscapes, and lots of film work plus a blog on all of this.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2017   #1522
Chromacomaphoto
Registered User
 
Chromacomaphoto is offline
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by viboons View Post
2 wheels taxi driver

Bangkok! Nice shot
__________________
http://www.chromacomaphoto.com
Photos of Thailand and Thai people. Bangkok street and candids, urban landscapes, and lots of film work plus a blog on all of this.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2017   #1523
giulio stucchi
Registered User
 
giulio stucchi's Avatar
 
giulio stucchi is offline
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bruxelles
Age: 39
Posts: 682
m6, summilux 35 v2 infinity lock, tri-x400, lc-29





Giulio
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2017   #1524
Flat Twin
Film Shooter
 
Flat Twin is offline
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oxfordshire, U.K.
Posts: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromacomaphoto View Post
Wow again! Another lovely shot, well done indeed...
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2017   #1525
giulio stucchi
Registered User
 
giulio stucchi's Avatar
 
giulio stucchi is offline
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bruxelles
Age: 39
Posts: 682
m6, summilux 35 v2 infinity lock, tri-x400, lc-29



Giulio
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2017   #1526
michaelwj
----------------
 
michaelwj's Avatar
 
michaelwj is offline
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brisbane AUS
Posts: 1,501
Dagg Falls. Main Range NP, QLD



Queen Mary Falls. Main Range NP, QLD



Both photos: M4 35/1.4 pre-asph v2, Fomapan 400 @ 250 in R09 + lots of ice.
__________________
Cheers,
Michael

Last edited by michaelwj : 01-24-2017 at 01:41. Reason: Dang autocorrect didn't like "Dagg"
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2017   #1527
giulio stucchi
Registered User
 
giulio stucchi's Avatar
 
giulio stucchi is offline
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bruxelles
Age: 39
Posts: 682
Nice Michael!
I see you were there with both the 35lux and the 21SA (I still don't have one yet...)

Giulio
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2017   #1528
michaelwj
----------------
 
michaelwj's Avatar
 
michaelwj is offline
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brisbane AUS
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by giulio stucchi View Post
Nice Michael!
I see you were there with both the 35lux and the 21SA (I still don't have one yet...)

Giulio
Thanks Giulio,

Yep, a nice pair! But do you get the Noctilux or the SA first...

I'm actually thinking about getting rid of my 21SA. A beautiful lens, but I get confused having two focal lengths and feel much better without the choice. The 35mm summilux is by far my favourite, and I'm much more comfortable with a 35mm. I don't know how you and Erik (and others) seem to move so seamlessly between lenses, always producing wonderful images with the same style. I find it very hard.
__________________
Cheers,
Michael
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2017   #1529
giulio stucchi
Registered User
 
giulio stucchi's Avatar
 
giulio stucchi is offline
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bruxelles
Age: 39
Posts: 682
Michael, 35 is my main FL.
The Summaron 35 being my fave, the lux 35 the "special" and the cron asph the "modern" one.
I could get rid of the cron as it would be pretty easy to replace it at any time but I am getting attached to my glasses :-)
Since last year I started using 50s ending up with a lux 50 (pre) the nikkor 5cm 1.4 in S-mount (need to use it more!) and the little Elmar-M
The 21SA would fit the rendering of the lux 35 and nikkor 5cm but I rarely going out with more than 1 lens..maybe that’s why I am postponing the purchase since years now…
The Noctilux is growing on me lately and I am looking for a copy but I am still not sure if it will ever happen.
Btw, you are doing great with the 21 + 35 so please keep both :-) !

Giulio
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2017   #1530
giulio stucchi
Registered User
 
giulio stucchi's Avatar
 
giulio stucchi is offline
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bruxelles
Age: 39
Posts: 682
m6, summilux 35 v2 infinity lock, tri-x400, lc-29



Giulio
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2017   #1531
Erik van Straten
Registered User
 
Erik van Straten's Avatar
 
Erik van Straten is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,746
Beautiful portrait, Giulio, great!

Erik.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2017   #1532
giulio stucchi
Registered User
 
giulio stucchi's Avatar
 
giulio stucchi is offline
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bruxelles
Age: 39
Posts: 682
Thank you Erik.

m6, summilux 35 v2 infinity lock, tri-x400, lc-29



Giulio
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2017   #1533
pyeh
Registered User
 
pyeh is online now
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Taylor Square
Age: 56
Posts: 323
Giulio, that's wonderful! You should cross-post this in "The Look" thread. These women's expressions are like my daughters' when I photograph them.
__________________
Peter
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2017   #1534
giulio stucchi
Registered User
 
giulio stucchi's Avatar
 
giulio stucchi is offline
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bruxelles
Age: 39
Posts: 682
Thank you Peter.

Posted on "the look" too now :-)

Giulio
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2017   #1535
pyeh
Registered User
 
pyeh is online now
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Taylor Square
Age: 56
Posts: 323
Just saw it. Look great there!
__________________
Peter
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2017   #1536
michaelwj
----------------
 
michaelwj's Avatar
 
michaelwj is offline
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brisbane AUS
Posts: 1,501
M4 35mm summilux pre-asph v2, [email protected] in R09

__________________
Cheers,
Michael
  Reply With Quote

Replacement Focus Tab
Old 02-09-2017   #1537
michaelwj
----------------
 
michaelwj's Avatar
 
michaelwj is offline
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brisbane AUS
Posts: 1,501
Replacement Focus Tab

For such a brilliant lens, the thing that always got me (after the flaring hood problem was solved) was the dinky plastic focus tab. It's almost like the lens was made to a budget, which was exhausted before the focus tab was thought of. I have a few issues with the tab;

1) It's not really that deep, so I don't get a great feel from it. Unlike the more modern or older 'infinity lock' lens tabs which have are tighter radius and a deeper surface.

2) It breaks easily. When you see how it is secured, it's amazing any of them lasted so long. There is just not enough plastic to ensure it doesn't break. I think this limitation (having to secure it with a screw) influences the shape - it can't be deeper or either there isn't enough material for a strong(ish) attachment, or on the other hand it would protrude too far and hit a surface when you put the camera down.

3) Directly related to 2), Leica in their infinite wisdom will no longer sell the part to independent repairers. In fact, the only authorised repair service in Australia said that Leica won't sell the part to them and it would have to back to Germany to get replaced. At a minimum cost of 300 Euro. Plus shipping. Minimum!

So given all of that, I thought I'd make my own. I wanted it to fit securely using the existing screw (not glue on like some replacements are - how inelegant is that!), requiring no modification to the lens. I also wanted to get the shape of the focus tab as close as possible to that of the 21mm Super Angulon which I believe has the best shape tab. It is also similar to the modern lenses and older ones like the 35mm Summaron for example. I also wanted it to have a weak point so it breaks rather than the lens.

I'm currently of prototype #2. Here is a shot of the first prototype and the original tab to compare the shape of the tab.



You can see the original (broken and glued back together) is relatively shallow, while my prototype v1 is deeper with a tighter curve. Mine is also metal (this one in Stainless Steel, v2 in Maraging Steel), so I need less material for the screw while maintaining strength, allowing it to maintain a low enough profile. v1 had a few issues though. Firstly the "wings" were a bit long and thin and it made manufacture too tricky so for v2 they were shortened and the depth increased. Secondly I was planning on tapping a thread for the screw, but it proved to be too secure and difficult. Basically there would not have been a weak point and the lens would have broken before the thread gave out.

Here is a shot of prototype #2



You can see I've made the changes to the "wings". What you can't see is that I've changed from tapping a thread on the inside to gluing a nut to the inside. The aim is that the glue here breaks before the lens does in the event of an accident, and then it can be simply glued back on. Nothing broken.

Changes for v3 (and hopefully final version). The 2 dowels and the nut need to be moved 0.5mm down (towards the rear of the lens). At the moment, it attaches a little bit too close to the front of the lens - you can almost see it overhanging. It doesn't get in the way, but is not elegant enough. It should and can be better. Apart from that, I'm super stoked with it (that means over the moon for non Aussies). It gives a way more positive feel, where I always felt like my finger was going to slip out of the original one. It's like a new lens.

Once I have the final design down, I'll make a batch (likely in Bronze) and offer them for sale in the classifieds here. At the moment I'm piggybacking other jobs, so don't really get to choose the material... They'll cost about US$50, which is the same as some plastic ones that I've seen on the bay.

I *think* the 35mm v4 summicron has the same shape, but I'm not sure 100%

(This was also posted on LUF)
__________________
Cheers,
Michael
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2017   #1538
Srono
Registered User
 
Srono's Avatar
 
Srono is offline
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Posts: 174
Kanto Japan has the similar http://www.kantocamera.com/repair/focustub/index.html
__________________
my flickr
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2017   #1539
michaelwj
----------------
 
michaelwj's Avatar
 
michaelwj is offline
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brisbane AUS
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srono View Post
Yep, I've seen that one, it comes to US$105 + installation (brings it to US$175) and appears to just glue on (they charge extra if the lens requires disassembly but if it is attached any way other that glueing then it will ALWAYS need disassembly). It's also just the same inadequate shape as the original so it doesn't fit the bill in my opinion.
__________________
Cheers,
Michael
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2017   #1540
Mute-on
Registered User
 
Mute-on is online now
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelwj View Post
For such a brilliant lens, the thing that always got me (after the flaring hood problem was solved) was the dinky plastic focus tab. It's almost like the lens was made to a budget, which was exhausted before the focus tab was thought of. I have a few issues with the tab;

1) It's not really that deep, so I don't get a great feel from it. Unlike the more modern or older 'infinity lock' lens tabs which have are tighter radius and a deeper surface.

2) It breaks easily. When you see how it is secured, it's amazing any of them lasted so long. There is just not enough plastic to ensure it doesn't break. I think this limitation (having to secure it with a screw) influences the shape - it can't be deeper or either there isn't enough material for a strong(ish) attachment, or on the other hand it would protrude too far and hit a surface when you put the camera down.

3) Directly related to 2), Leica in their infinite wisdom will no longer sell the part to independent repairers. In fact, the only authorised repair service in Australia said that Leica won't sell the part to them and it would have to back to Germany to get replaced. At a minimum cost of 300 Euro. Plus shipping. Minimum!

So given all of that, I thought I'd make my own. I wanted it to fit securely using the existing screw (not glue on like some replacements are - how inelegant is that!), requiring no modification to the lens. I also wanted to get the shape of the focus tab as close as possible to that of the 21mm Super Angulon which I believe has the best shape tab. It is also similar to the modern lenses and older ones like the 35mm Summaron for example. I also wanted it to have a weak point so it breaks rather than the lens.

I'm currently of prototype #2. Here is a shot of the first prototype and the original tab to compare the shape of the tab.



You can see the original (broken and glued back together) is relatively shallow, while my prototype v1 is deeper with a tighter curve. Mine is also metal (this one in Stainless Steel, v2 in Maraging Steel), so I need less material for the screw while maintaining strength, allowing it to maintain a low enough profile. v1 had a few issues though. Firstly the "wings" were a bit long and thin and it made manufacture too tricky so for v2 they were shortened and the depth increased. Secondly I was planning on tapping a thread for the screw, but it proved to be too secure and difficult. Basically there would not have been a weak point and the lens would have broken before the thread gave out.

Here is a shot of prototype #2



You can see I've made the changes to the "wings". What you can't see is that I've changed from tapping a thread on the inside to gluing a nut to the inside. The aim is that the glue here breaks before the lens does in the event of an accident, and then it can be simply glued back on. Nothing broken.

Changes for v3 (and hopefully final version). The 2 dowels and the nut need to be moved 0.5mm down (towards the rear of the lens). At the moment, it attaches a little bit too close to the front of the lens - you can almost see it overhanging. It doesn't get in the way, but is not elegant enough. It should and can be better. Apart from that, I'm super stoked with it (that means over the moon for non Aussies). It gives a way more positive feel, where I always felt like my finger was going to slip out of the original one. It's like a new lens.

Once I have the final design down, I'll make a batch (likely in Bronze) and offer them for sale in the classifieds here. At the moment I'm piggybacking other jobs, so don't really get to choose the material... They'll cost about US$50, which is the same as some plastic ones that I've seen on the bay.

I *think* the 35mm v4 summicron has the same shape, but I'm not sure 100%

(This was also posted on LUF)
Bloody brilliant!
Have you considered chamfering the leading edge, like the 35/2.8 Summaron, and I expect the V1 Summicron? It creates a nice angle for the index finger knuckle to rest in.

I'm in for one regardless.

Cheers,

J
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2017   #1541
michaelwj
----------------
 
michaelwj's Avatar
 
michaelwj is offline
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brisbane AUS
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mute-on View Post
Bloody brilliant!
Have you considered chamfering the leading edge, like the 35/2.8 Summaron, and I expect the V1 Summicron? It creates a nice angle for the index finger knuckle to rest in.

I'm in for one regardless.

Cheers,

J
That was my initial aim, but then you run out of room for the screw (which is very close to that edge), or there is too much material and it sticks out too far and touches when you put the camera down. Also, the limited space on the ring it attaches too means it's a bit thinner than those tabs, but thicker than the original.
__________________
Cheers,
Michael
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2017   #1542
cnphoto
Registered User
 
cnphoto's Avatar
 
cnphoto is offline
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 34
Posts: 577
nice! I was always concerned over the focus tab breaking, on my 35 Lux it's been fine to date but she's seen A LOT of use over time... good to know there's a localish replacement option

Delta 100, Rodinal 1:50, yellow filter
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2017   #1543
jmilkins
Digited User
 
jmilkins's Avatar
 
jmilkins is offline
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: landdownunder
Posts: 1,047
Watching the development of this one has been great Michael. I like the idea of brass - it will develop a nice patina. My tab is fine, but I'm in.
__________________
cheers, John

My gallery
The FlickR

"To ∞, and beyond!" B. Lightyear, 1995.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2017   #1544
michaelwj
----------------
 
michaelwj's Avatar
 
michaelwj is offline
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brisbane AUS
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilkins View Post
Watching the development of this one has been great Michael. I like the idea of brass - it will develop a nice patina. My tab is fine, but I'm in.
Can't do brass sorry, it'll be Bronze. Close, but not quite!
__________________
Cheers,
Michael
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2017   #1545
jmilkins
Digited User
 
jmilkins's Avatar
 
jmilkins is offline
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: landdownunder
Posts: 1,047
Details...!

Bronzed is more Aussie!
__________________
cheers, John

My gallery
The FlickR

"To ∞, and beyond!" B. Lightyear, 1995.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2017   #1546
Ko.Fe.
Me. Write ESL. Ko.
 
Ko.Fe.'s Avatar
 
Ko.Fe. is offline
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: MiltON.ONtario
Age: 50
Posts: 4,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelwj View Post
... They'll cost about US$50, which is the same as some plastic ones that I've seen on the bay.

I *think* the 35mm v4 summicron has the same shape, but I'm not sure 100%

(This was also posted on LUF)
I think they are all same size. I've had similar issue with Leica focus tab at Elmarit-M 28 2.8, purchased two plastic for 25$ on e-bay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-Leica-M-...item2ef53e61ed
But they are similar to original plastic and will eventually brake.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2017   #1547
michaelwj
----------------
 
michaelwj's Avatar
 
michaelwj is offline
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brisbane AUS
Posts: 1,501
M4 35mm summilux pre-asph v2, [email protected] in R09

__________________
Cheers,
Michael
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2017   #1548
michaelwj
----------------
 
michaelwj's Avatar
 
michaelwj is offline
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brisbane AUS
Posts: 1,501
M6 35mm summilux pre-asph v2, [email protected]! in R09



Fomapan 400 at 1600 has a bit of grain... Back to 250.

M6 35mm summilux pre-asph v2, [email protected] in R09



__________________
Cheers,
Michael
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2017   #1549
rodt16s
Registered User
 
rodt16s is offline
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Wiltshire UK
Posts: 546
HP5 @ 250




Winter Sun
by Redt16s, on Flickr
__________________
M's, & OM's
Just taking pics of stuff.
flickr
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2017   #1550
maddoc
... likes film.
 
maddoc's Avatar
 
maddoc is offline
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 三鷹市
Age: 51
Posts: 7,190
Shinjuku, February 2017

Leica M4 BP, FOMAPAN200 @400

by Gabor Samjeske, on Flickr
__________________
- Gabor

flickr
pBase
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2017   #1551
agoglanian
Reconnected.
 
agoglanian's Avatar
 
agoglanian is offline
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Orange County, CA
Age: 31
Posts: 804
Talked with a few of you fine folks, got some informed opinions and made a decision to try one of these for myself. I think it will round out my "classic" lens setup nicely

I'll post once I've received it and had a chance to shoot with it.
__________________
- Abram

M-A | M240 | F | FM3A | GR

Instagram. | Website.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-19-2017   #1552
agoglanian
Reconnected.
 
agoglanian's Avatar
 
agoglanian is offline
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Orange County, CA
Age: 31
Posts: 804
I am really enjoying the 35 Summilux Pre-Asph. It's certainly not perfect wide open, but it really just has a lovely look in black and white and I think I'm going to quite enjoy this one. I need to have mine re-lubricated though as the focus is a bit sticky but it's otherwise super clean.

Wide open, ISO 3200, M240

Fireside. by Abram Goglanian, on Flickr

*Note: This isn't perfectly focused and I think my shutterspeed was something like 1/45 (it was nighttime so....)
__________________
- Abram

M-A | M240 | F | FM3A | GR

Instagram. | Website.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2017   #1553
Flat Twin
Film Shooter
 
Flat Twin is offline
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oxfordshire, U.K.
Posts: 435
Leica M Monochrom, 1966 35mm Summilux at full aperture.


Cousins, Frome 17/04/2017. by Flat Twin, on Flickr
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2017   #1554
Brian Legge
Registered User
 
Brian Legge is offline
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,610
I just missed out on a $800 35/1.4 pre-asph a few weeks ago. This thread hurts even more now.
__________________
Shooting whatever I can get my hands on.
Recent Work
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2017   #1555
Mojo
Registered User
 
Mojo is offline
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoc View Post


Tri-X, at least three stops underexposed.
Gabor, Going over again the many great shots in this thread, I find this one with the urgency in movement captured especially impressive.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2017   #1556
giulio stucchi
Registered User
 
giulio stucchi's Avatar
 
giulio stucchi is offline
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bruxelles
Age: 39
Posts: 682
m2, summilux 35 v2 infinity lock, tri-x400, lc-29





Giulio
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2017   #1557
Erik van Straten
Registered User
 
Erik van Straten's Avatar
 
Erik van Straten is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,746
Brrr, still cold in April. Sweet, Giulio!

Erik.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2017   #1558
shiosaki
Registered User
 
shiosaki is offline
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 4
hello all,
i designed a 3D printed focus tab replacement in brass, and you can order them direct through Shapeways! hope it helps

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/filmco



  Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2017   #1559
michaelwj
----------------
 
michaelwj's Avatar
 
michaelwj is offline
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brisbane AUS
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelwj View Post
For such a brilliant lens, the thing that always got me (after the flaring hood problem was solved) was the dinky plastic focus tab. It's almost like the lens was made to a budget, which was exhausted before the focus tab was thought of. I have a few issues with the tab;

1) It's not really that deep, so I don't get a great feel from it. Unlike the more modern or older 'infinity lock' lens tabs which have are tighter radius and a deeper surface.

2) It breaks easily. When you see how it is secured, it's amazing any of them lasted so long. There is just not enough plastic to ensure it doesn't break. I think this limitation (having to secure it with a screw) influences the shape - it can't be deeper or either there isn't enough material for a strong(ish) attachment, or on the other hand it would protrude too far and hit a surface when you put the camera down.

3) Directly related to 2), Leica in their infinite wisdom will no longer sell the part to independent repairers. In fact, the only authorised repair service in Australia said that Leica won't sell the part to them and it would have to back to Germany to get replaced. At a minimum cost of 300 Euro. Plus shipping. Minimum!

So given all of that, I thought I'd make my own. I wanted it to fit securely using the existing screw (not glue on like some replacements are - how inelegant is that!), requiring no modification to the lens. I also wanted to get the shape of the focus tab as close as possible to that of the 21mm Super Angulon which I believe has the best shape tab. It is also similar to the modern lenses and older ones like the 35mm Summaron for example. I also wanted it to have a weak point so it breaks rather than the lens.

I'm currently of prototype #2. Here is a shot of the first prototype and the original tab to compare the shape of the tab.



You can see the original (broken and glued back together) is relatively shallow, while my prototype v1 is deeper with a tighter curve. Mine is also metal (this one in Stainless Steel, v2 in Maraging Steel), so I need less material for the screw while maintaining strength, allowing it to maintain a low enough profile. v1 had a few issues though. Firstly the "wings" were a bit long and thin and it made manufacture too tricky so for v2 they were shortened and the depth increased. Secondly I was planning on tapping a thread for the screw, but it proved to be too secure and difficult. Basically there would not have been a weak point and the lens would have broken before the thread gave out.

Here is a shot of prototype #2



You can see I've made the changes to the "wings". What you can't see is that I've changed from tapping a thread on the inside to gluing a nut to the inside. The aim is that the glue here breaks before the lens does in the event of an accident, and then it can be simply glued back on. Nothing broken.

Changes for v3 (and hopefully final version). The 2 dowels and the nut need to be moved 0.5mm down (towards the rear of the lens). At the moment, it attaches a little bit too close to the front of the lens - you can almost see it overhanging. It doesn't get in the way, but is not elegant enough. It should and can be better. Apart from that, I'm super stoked with it (that means over the moon for non Aussies). It gives a way more positive feel, where I always felt like my finger was going to slip out of the original one. It's like a new lens.

Once I have the final design down, I'll make a batch (likely in Bronze) and offer them for sale in the classifieds here. At the moment I'm piggybacking other jobs, so don't really get to choose the material... They'll cost about US$50, which is the same as some plastic ones that I've seen on the bay.

I *think* the 35mm v4 summicron has the same shape, but I'm not sure 100%

(This was also posted on LUF)
It's pretty clear I'm never going to get around to actually making anymore of these, but the final design is pretty final, PM me if you want the SLT file so you print your own (personal use only).

I have two files, one is for the flat tab like above, and the other is sloped like the summaron, but it is untested.

Cheers,
Michael
__________________
Cheers,
Michael
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2017   #1560
michaelwj
----------------
 
michaelwj's Avatar
 
michaelwj is offline
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brisbane AUS
Posts: 1,501
Almost a month since any images have appeared here, time for more.

The war memorial in Melbourne on a cold rainy day in March.

M6, 35 Summilux pre-asph, HP5+ @1000 in R09.
__________________
Cheers,
Michael
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:41.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All content on this site is Copyright Protected and owned by its respective owner. You may link to content on this site but you may not reproduce any of it in whole or part without written consent from its owner.