Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Help / Feedback forum

Help / Feedback forum This area should address site improvements and help with the forum.

Old 02-27-2005   #41
lkgroup

USERNAME: d30gaijin

COMMENT: Don is great!
Don sold me a lens, Canon 85 2.0 LTM that is in mint shape, exactly as described, and packed extremely well. for a very fair price. The lens not only looks mint but preforms very well.

Leo
LKgroup

Eastman Double-X Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lchristoffer/

FS Leitz AFLOO Film Winder -new-

Old 02-27-2005   #42
andrew

I just checked out this thread for the first time today, and I'll add my feedback

USERNAME: taffer, pherdinand

COMMENTS: The three-way deal was a great experience and they were the reason why.

USERNAME: GeneW

COMMENT: Through his generous offer of a camera for a tsunami donation, I was able to donate some more money to those in need and help myself to the Canonet I'd been saving up to buy. His e-mails reflect the quality of his character: another great guy

USERNAME: r-brian

COMMENT: Yet another great member - I bought a Vivitar 283 from him and he was incredibly patient when the USPS wasn't up-to-speed (two weeks to get an envelope from MA to NM).

Honestly, I think RFF has an incredible bunch of members - everyone I've ever dealt with and/or PM'ed has been helpful, thoughtful, generous, and patient.

Old 03-02-2005   #43
Wiechel

USERNAME: GeneW

COMMENTS: An excellent seller in all ways - helpful, fast communication, ultra-fast shipping, etc etc etc! Thanks!!

Old 03-02-2005   #44
GeneW

USERNAME: Wiechel

COMMENTS: A careful, but very good buyer who pays quickly and communicates well. Very pleasant transaction!

Seller: Greyhoundman
Old 03-02-2005   #45
Natalia
Russian in the Queen City

Seller: Greyhoundman

Bought: a Yashica hood.
Experience: The hood is just as described - brand spankin' new!

Old 03-02-2005   #46
Kin Lau

User: Sockeyed
Comments: Was going to trade a couple of rolls for his Kiev4a, but Canada Post was gouging too much for postage, so it became a straight purchase. Great guy to deal with

User: Greyhoundman
Comments: Traded a couple of rolls for a Y/C Adaptall2. Everything smooth and quick.

User: FrankS
Comments: Loaned him a J8 to try, ended up selling it him. He was more anxious about paying me than I was .
Addition: Received a beautiful Bessa R from Frank, with personal delivery and a extra roll of film

<a href='http://www.rangefinderforum.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=583'>My Gallery</a>

Old 03-07-2005   #47
pradeep1

I would like to give props to greyhoundman for once again coming to my help and fixing my Canonet 28. Very cool.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Old 03-07-2005   #48
Stu :)

User: GeneW
Comment: I bought Gene's 90mm Elmar-M and was very impressed overall. Well packaged, fast delivery (I thought Canadian mail was bad, or is it Joe they don't like?) and the lens was in a better shape than my current 90mm Elmar LTM. Thumbs up.

Stu

Old 03-07-2005   #49
Stu :)

User: Rover
Comment: I gave Rover's Bessa-R a new home. Same as the above comment, Well packaged and fast delivery. The camera was in a great condition. Pleasure doing business.

Stu

Old 03-07-2005   #50
GeneW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu :)
(I thought Canadian mail was bad, or is it Joe they don't like?)
They ship out pretty fast. It's when it comes in that our problems begin. Joe, though, he's the Tiger Woods of Delivery Delayed ...

Gene

Old 03-07-2005   #51
Rob
rangefinder camera magnet

Users:
Backalley Photo (Bought my Oly 35RC and gossen pilot2 meter)
Brian Sweeney(bought countless Canonets, yashica and Konica RFs)
Greyhoundman(just a little lenscap so far)
Comments:
These guys are great!

Old 03-07-2005   #52
back alley
IMAGES

and might i add that rob is also very good to deal with!

joe

xe2...xe1...16...23...27...56...55-200

original canon F1...T90...24/2.8...100/2.8...200/2.8...300/5.6

Old 03-10-2005   #53
Kin Lau

USERNAME: einolu

COMMENT: Sold me a good Helios-103 w/ a free dead Kiev 4a. Camera has been resurrected. This is _much_ better than ebay

<a href='http://www.rangefinderforum.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=583'>My Gallery</a>

almost forgot about this thread...
Old 03-10-2005   #54
felipe

almost forgot about this thread...

Sawdust: Honest, trusting, comforting, decent bloke. Dusty, thank you for everything it has been a real plesure!

Oscar, Dennis, Lars, Roman: Can't say enough good things about my fellow bag addicts

cheers,
Phil

Old 03-10-2005   #55
Roman

Well, I have to give that compliment back to Phil!

Roman

My Flickr gallery

Old 03-10-2005   #56
Meakin

Well Phill, IŽve been into various types,shapes and sizes of "bags" for years , thought most males were into.........ohhhhhh you mean camera bags - yeah them too - and you are now my main "camera" bag man

ok IŽll behave now

Thanks for everything - it has been a pleasure.

Cheers,

Meakin

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -- A. Einstein

Old 03-10-2005   #57
rover

I have so many of these to do,

Meakin, the Automat is just as described and arrived in about a week.

Learner, backalley photo, denisr, joe, wlewisiii, Alberta Joe, RML, ba photo, thmk, joey from NY, dwpayne, moderator boy and scottgee1, all great customers and trading partners.

I am sure I am forgetting someone, I apologize.

Millennium M6TTL with Voigtlander 35/1.2 Nokton

rover's world at flickr

Old 03-11-2005   #58
taffer
void

And my thanks go back to Phil as well, it has been a great bag sender And the bag is indeed a beauty.

Old 03-11-2005   #59
Meakin

I would like to say it has been a huge pleasure dealing , trading and just generally communicating with these fine and outstanding members of our society:

Rover,felipe,Tom_f77,Daniel,Scottgee,Nick,Jan N. - and if I have left anybody out, I'm sorry, but the same goes to you guys as well.

Cheers,

Meakin

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -- A. Einstein

Old 03-13-2005   #60
zuikologist

User: Gene W

Comment: I bought some equipment from Gene very recently. A gentleman in all respects in our transaction and the equipment was immaculate.

Old 03-18-2005   #61
the lobster
getting broke

Member: simonclivehughe

Comments: Simon was great to deal with. He shipped promptly and sent great communication.

Old 03-21-2005   #62
RayPA
Ignore It (It'll go away)

Smile

SELLER: simonclivehuhe

COMMENTS:
When first "buyer" fell through, seller contacted me, as promised. I had the lens in few days. Very quick and friendly. Great to do business with.
I'm ~quinine~ on Flickr
blogged

Old 03-22-2005   #63
rover

Greyhoundman offered a really nice Series V filter, thank you
Backalley Photo and the soft releases

Lots of good people here, thanks guys.

Millennium M6TTL with Voigtlander 35/1.2 Nokton

rover's world at flickr

Old 03-22-2005   #64
taffer
void

Joe and his Himatic 7s (long ago), yellow series VI filter and softie, all great, thanks buddy !

Old 03-22-2005   #65
chenick
Nick's my name!

Meakin (Lars) sold me his Olympus XA, which is in great condition and came with the X11 and X16 flash!
Pleasure to deal will, no problems whatsoever!

-Nick

Stuff I use:
Bessa R3A & 50mm Nokton, 75mm Heliar | Olympus 35 SP | Olympus XA | Yashica Electro 35 GTN | Pentax ME Super, Samsung GX-1S

Old 03-23-2005   #66
Pherdinand
the snow must go on

User: Scottgee1
Comment: The light meter arrived today, needed 10 mins to figure out how to rotate the bottom dial but it's all perfect... It was great to buy from Scott, very flexible price and great shipping too. Thanks!

Old 03-24-2005   #67
Natalia
Russian in the Queen City

user: Sawdust

comment: Very easy and quick transaction. Great buyer and a gentleman!

Old 03-27-2005   #68
rbiemer
Unabashed Amateur

Supermarcel: excellent seller! The FED 5c I got from him is as described and the transaction went very smoothly! Speedy shipping as well!
Rob

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
--Mark Twain

Old 03-31-2005   #69
vladhed
R.I.P. 1997-2006

just got my nice "user" Jupiter 12 in the mail from Mark.

USER: rut
COMMENT: friendly, generous, responsive

Old 03-31-2005   #70
Chaser

USER: Brian Sweeney
comment: i just went to my mailbox to pick up my new canon lens from brian and i am amazed. the lenses is better than i could ever have hoped for. brian is a great seller

My Gallery

My Flickr

Old 03-31-2005   #71
Brian Sweeney

Time for some feedback!

Floyd, Chaser, Joe, the reasons why I sell items here. No problems, no hassles, and people who enjoy using the equipment. Not going off to a distant place to just sit on a shelf!

R-Brian: great seller, hard to find stuff! I will be putting the proper shade on my Retina IIIc lenses! May not get a whole lot of use, but that Kodak will be wearing shades. And with a 120 back for the Speed-graphic, it may finally get out of the closet.

Old 03-31-2005   #72
Brian Sweeney

General Statement. It may be time to attach some rules to the classified ads here. Rules such as a limit on classified ad posts per month, selling things overseas, etc. Selling overseas is a pain-in-the-A. Because of all of the counterfeit Money Orders floating around, I was informed that my last international Postal MO in US dollars would take 4 weeks to be deposited to my account. Never mind that I have a lot of funds in the account to cover it. That is the way it is these days. I'm not going to hold a shipment to an RFF member, but it involves some risk. Same with Paypal. If a credit card is stolen, and the payment is from overseas, the seller loses their money. Again, some risk. But this is an international forum, and I think offering items for sell internationally is a good thing. As a seller, I try to estimate a reasonable amount for the shipping. International shipping with insurance is not cheap no matter how small an item is. And customs are of course the responsibility of the buyer.

I certainly have turned more than an occasional piece of gear around, have bought stuff to fix-up and resell at a profit. Usually it goes to offset the latest additions to the collection. Mind you, if I want to "maximize" the profit, and no one is really hunting for one here, up on EBay it goes. Lately I sold a bunch of stuff to offset the Nikon M and lenses that I picked up. I put some Olympus Pen F stuff up on Ebay and made $350 off of a $90 purchase. I could probably turn the $470 Nikon M unsync over for close to $3K if I wanted to, but I'm a collector. I do consider myself a buyer and seller of camera gear. And I probably have more inventory than most small camera shops. So does Bill and Wierd Collector. I was kind of let down when Bill put his stuff on EBay rather than here, but I can certainly understand why.

I have obviously taken advantage of the 35mm Classified ads here. It's easier, faster, more reliable, and cheaper than Ebay. Plus the buyers really use the gear. Some ground rules to level the playing field would ease my mind.

Old 03-31-2005   #73
back alley
IMAGES

i hope that last money order wasn't mine!

you may be right - it may be time.
jorge started this thread and as owner i would think that anything that looks like a rule should maybe come from him.

i also wonder if the old adage 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' might apply here.
i can only assume as to the timing of your comment brian, where the impetus for it came from.
i highly doubt that anyone here has a problem with your buying & selling on the rff. i most certainly do not. you have been up front since day one and you are an established member of the forum, both adding to and interacting with many of us.

when someone comes along and it 'appears' that their interests here are purely for profit, i will be the first to say so. just as i have done recently.

sometimes less IS more and that may just apply to the rules here.
self regulation by responsible parties can work.

just my thoughts on this matter.

joe

xe2...xe1...16...23...27...56...55-200

original canon F1...T90...24/2.8...100/2.8...200/2.8...300/5.6

Old 03-31-2005   #74
jan normandale
Film is the other way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meakin
I would like to say it has been a huge pleasure dealing , trading and just generally communicating with these fine and outstanding members of our society:

Rover,felipe,Tom_f77,Daniel,Scottgee,Nick,Jan N. - and if I have left anybody out, I'm sorry, but the same goes to you guys as well.

Cheers,

Meakin
I just found this thread because I don't buy much online. I joined for the pictures, honest!

I had a drawn out (my issue not Lars) pay period due to mail. Lars was a champ. The rest of the world should be so civilized. The 2 cameras? I love 'em even if they are not RF's (they are Olympus and I love their stuff) So thanks Lars.

Jan

it's all about light

Old 03-31-2005   #75
jan normandale
Film is the other way

Frank S

I bought a learner 4x5 LF camera from Frank. Met him for coffee and he was very helpful on the information for locating someone to source lenses also. Thanks Frank.

Jan

it's all about light

Old 03-31-2005   #76
denishr
アナログ侘・寂

USER: Jon Goodman

I can only say that Jon is an excellent person to deal with. I first bought his light seal kit, and then the Yashica GT kit. On both occasions Jon even reduced the agreed price - and also shipped the items before he got my payment. Thanks, Jon!

Denis

Old 03-31-2005   #77
denishr
アナログ侘・寂

USER: Pherdinand

Pherdinand is a great guy! He recently bought a heap of lenses on local e-bay for me, knowing I'm interested in such stuff, and mailed me those to Croatia. Not many guys who would go through such hassle! And, yes, he mailed the package before he got my payment...

Thanks, Pherdi!

Denis

Old 04-01-2005   #78
peter_n
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by backalley photo
i also wonder if the old adage 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' might apply here. i can only assume as to the timing of your comment brian, where the impetus for it came from. i highly doubt that anyone here has a problem with your buying & selling on the rff. i most certainly do not. you have been up front since day one and you are an established member of the forum, both adding to and interacting with many of us.
Brian I completelty agree with Joe. You give so much to the community here that the buying and selling is immaterial. No worries!

My RFF Gallery

Old 04-07-2005   #79
Brian Sweeney

Seller: Jon Goodman. Does not get better than This!

Item: $20(!!!!!!!!!!!!) Olympus OM2s. Way better than described. Well packed, Shipped Double-Quick.

Forget Ebay; just wait for the bargains here.

Old 04-07-2005   #80
Pherdinand
the snow must go on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Sweeney
Item: $20(!!!!!!!!!!!!) Olympus OM2s.
???