Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > TLR Forum - Twin Lens Reflex

TLR Forum - Twin Lens Reflex another alternative to the dreaded SLR way of seeing, this forum for all format TLR cameras

Prontor SVS, loose part, whrere?
Old 12-20-2016   #1
AnteroP

Prontor SVS, loose part, whrere?

Hi,

I opened Prontor SVS (Flexaret) and managed to drop out a loose part (like a foot). I think that it is to do with delayed action device. But where I should put the loose part back?

(I dismantled the shutter and cleaned all the parts, including the shutter blades, shutter operates now very well, only delayed action gears waits for assembly)

Old 12-20-2016   #2
Dan Daniel

Photographs?

Old 12-20-2016   #3
AnteroP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Daniel View Post
Photographs?
I'll post photographs later in the evening.

Old 12-20-2016   #4
AnteroP

Shutter Prontor SVS, timer delayed action device not assembled yet, loose part on the right.

Old 12-20-2016   #5
AnteroP

Blimey, I got the shutter assembled and working! Like to put together a 3D puzzle, without any repair manual :-) I did not find the place for the "foot" like part, but I think it just prevents the shutter speed ring to go B when delayed action device is turned on. Well, now the shutter can operate with delayed action also at B :-)

Old 12-20-2016   #6
Dan Daniel

Congratulations.

At about 3 o'clock in the photo, on the outer edge, is an opening in the base that looks like an upside-down 'P'. If your 'spare' part was rotated 180 degrees and mirrored, its knobbed end would fit in there loosely, it appears. No idea if the rest of the part would fit under the plate.

Old 12-21-2016   #7
AnteroP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Daniel View Post
Congratulations.

At about 3 o'clock in the photo, on the outer edge, is an opening in the base that looks like an upside-down 'P'. If your 'spare' part was rotated 180 degrees and mirrored, its knobbed end would fit in there loosely, it appears. No idea if the rest of the part would fit under the plate.
Thanks.

Unfortunately the loose part does not go to that upside down P hole. It is for the delayed action device.