Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Help / Feedback forum

Help / Feedback forum This area should address site improvements and help with the forum.

Who Are The rangefinderforum.NET Guys?
Old 11-30-2016   #1
radi(c)al_cam

Exclamation Who Are The rangefinderforum.NET Guys?

I just stumbled upon this thread:

http://www.rangefinderforum.net/inde...shutters.6581/

And then I find that basically all our rangefinderforum.COM threads (which are older than 6 months or so) can be found there — but I did never apply for a rangefinderforum.net membership!

Nevertheless, I have a profile over there: http://www.rangefinderforum.net/inde...-al_cam.35664/

Can someone please enlighten me?

Cheerio from the Austrian Alps,
Alexander

A platoon of breech-block is a cock.
(evilB item 120540033981)

Old 11-30-2016   #2
Bille

Appears to be a mirror owned by Stephen Gandy himself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-30 um 12.26.38.jpg (40.0 KB, 31 views)

Old 11-30-2016   #3
Jockos

And the new software finally scales images in posts dynamically, lovely Stephen!!!

Da gallery

Old 11-30-2016   #4
oltimer

Surprised that Stephen forgot to mention it here?

Old 11-30-2016   #5
sevo
Fokutorendaburando

Quote:
Originally Posted by oltimer View Post
Surprised that Stephen forgot to mention it here?
Well, it is NOT fit for use. In that it is not a live system synchronised to RFF, but a test site, with a dummy database cloned on April 29th!

Old 11-30-2016   #6
johannielscom
Leica II is The One

Totally live, I created an account for it a few weeks back. Turned out some Google search results showed the thread in the .net forum while omitting the .com thread from the results and I wanted to read them, so...

Old 11-30-2016   #7
jonmanjiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi(c)al_cam View Post
Can someone please enlighten me?
RFF testing new forum software. AFAIK some work was done back in late April and has been on pause ever since.

Old 11-30-2016   #8
radi(c)al_cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannielscom View Post
Totally live, I created an account for it a few weeks back. Turned out some Google search results showed the thread in the .net forum while omitting the .com thread from the results and I wanted to read them, so...

Your «mirror» account didn't accept your real life password then I suppose?

Old 11-30-2016   #9
sevo
Fokutorendaburando

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannielscom View Post
What thread? Browsing through a couple of forums all I can find are last post dates from April - Roger's forum being spammed in late September by some Hare Krishna spammer only registered over there appears to be the most recent post around.

The admins may be playing around with databases, so more recent stuff (and posts made over there) may appear and disappear at random - but as of now, it does not appear to be live at all.

Old 11-30-2016   #10
radi(c)al_cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmanjiro View Post
RFF testing new forum software. AFAIK some work was done back in late April and has been on pause ever since.
Thank you.

It would have been nice if one would have been asked in advance.

You know, it's a surprise that on that «alternate universe» forum site everyone can see whom I follow.

Not that I would have something to hide, but: that the unkown mirror-forum all of a sudden is publishing particular private details, this is not really O.K.

In fact: it's really, really annoying.

Old 11-30-2016   #11
sevo
Fokutorendaburando

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi(c)al_cam View Post
Not that I would have something to hide, but: that the unkown mirror-forum all of a sudden is publishing particular private details, this is not really O.K.
Uh, it does not publish anything the main site does not publish as well (well, with the exception of a spam message or two). That said, it might be advisable to block log-in and write access - so that we do not develop a parallel universe of misdirected users and their posts.

Old 11-30-2016   #12
radi(c)al_cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevo View Post
Uh, it does not publish anything the main site does not publish as well (well, with the exception of a spam message or two). That said, it might be advisable to block log-in and write access - so that we do not develop a parallel universe of misdirected users and their posts.

… the second exception is the mentioned «follow» list, and that is infuriating, IMHO.

Cheerio from the Austrian Alps,
Alexander

A platoon of breech-block is a cock.
(evilB item 120540033981)

Old 11-30-2016   #13
radi(c)al_cam

Angry

And I must say that I've NEVER agreed to these «Terms of Service and Rules»:

Quote:
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.