X-t2
Old 04-20-2016   #1
macjim

X-t2

So, now that the X-Pro2 is out the door were now starting to hear about the next camera, the X-T1's replacement. I'm hoping for the same sensor, autofocus, processor and joy stick on the X-T2 that is on the X-Pro2.

Old 04-21-2016   #2
jsrockit

There were pictures of the X-T2 on the Fuji rumor sites, but they are gone now... must have been real deal. If so, you'll be getting your wish. Oh, here it is...

http://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x...g-screen-more/

Old 04-21-2016   #3
majid
Fazal Majid

I'd love to see the wonderful EVF from the Leica SL (made by Epson, I believe) find its way into the X-T2.

Old 04-21-2016   #4
jsrockit

Quote:
Originally Posted by majid View Post
I'd love to see the wonderful EVF from the Leica SL (made by Epson, I believe) find its way into the X-T2.
Yeah, most would...but I doubt it. That would automatically make the X-T2 its flagship. I don't think they are looking to price this above the X-Pro2.

Old 04-21-2016   #5
sojournerphoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrockit View Post
Yeah, most would...but I doubt it. That would automatically make the X-T2 its flagship. I don't think they are looking to price this above the X-Pro2.
Not sure about that. The OVF is still preferable to the SL's evf in a lot of circumstances and the XP2's hybrid arrangements works very well.

I do wonder if the XT2 will get an identical sensor to the XP2, or will have a version with more phase detect af points.

Old 04-21-2016   #6
jsrockit

Well, obviously I don't work for Fuji. I'm guessing as well. However, Fuji has said that the X=Pro is its flagship model. To keep the X-T2 in the $1499 category (or so), there are just some things that Fuji won't be able to include (like the EVF from a $7000 camera). Just my guess.

Old 04-21-2016   #7
N.delaRua

I just recently used an XT-1 at a wedding it and it blew me away.

The autofocus was great with the XF 35 f/2 at ISO 3200 with exposures around f/2 and 1/60 of a second. I would consider that low light, and it was absolutely nailing the focus.

I feel like even an evolutionary step on from the XT-1 will make the future XT-2 just that much more special. Its so light, well made, and easy to use. Its definitely a camera that just gets out of the way.

As much as I love the OVF in my Leica and X100, the X series just seems like a perfect match with the XT series. Can't wait, and I am already starting to pinch my pennies.

Old 04-21-2016   #8
f16sunshine

Quote:
Well, obviously I don't work for Fuji. I'm guessing as well. However, Fuji has said that the X=Pro is its flagship model. To keep the X-T2 in the $1499 category (or so), there are just some things that Fuji won't be able to include (like the EVF from a $7000 camera). Just my guess.
Do you really feel Fuji would "throttle back" technology advancements ?
I don't think they worry about canabalizing sales much in the upper end cameras.
Look at the original XT1....In many ways it exceeded the the flagship Xpro1.
Even the XE1 had a better EVF than the Xpro1 right from the get go.

I think Fuji believes the XT and Xpro series to be in different segments.
It would not be surprising to see the latest high spec EVF in the Xt2 camera.
We can only hope anyway.

Old 04-21-2016   #9
sojournerphoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by f16sunshine View Post
I think Fuji believes the XT and Xpro series to be in different segments.
It would not be surprising to see the latest high spec EVF in the Xt2 camera.
We can only hope anyway.

I don't know what it will be of course, but I agree that I see no reason for Fuji to not put a better evf in the XT2 than the XP2. The key reason for anyone to buy an XP2 is that they want the OVF - otherwise they may as well buy the less expensive camera.

Of course, the cost of the 'Leica' evf may be such that it increases the cost of the XT2 too high, but it's possible that the increase in volume would mean this isn't the case.

Old 04-21-2016   #10
jsrockit

The X-T1 already has a better EVF than the X-Pro2, so I did not say that. Yes, I believe that Fuji throttles back on advancements... mostly to fit it into a price point. My point is that the X-T2 will cost less than the X-Pro2 and that alone sets it up to not have the SL's VF. What other camera uses the EVF from the SL right now?

Old 04-21-2016   #11
macjim

I do think the x-Pro 2 is the flagship of the Fuji line... I think the x-T2 will be delayed due to the aftermath of the recent earthquake though

Old 04-22-2016   #12
willie_901

I will boldly predict the X-T2 EVF will be better than the X-T1 EVF.

I will keep using the X-T1. Currently I'm using the X100T way more than the X-T1.

williamchuttonjr.com

Old 04-22-2016   #13
majid
Fazal Majid

Quote:
The X-T1 already has a better EVF than the X-Pro2, so I did not say that. Yes, I believe that Fuji throttles back on advancements... mostly to fit it into a price point. My point is that the X-T2 will cost less than the X-Pro2 and that alone sets it up to not have the SL's VF. What other camera uses the EVF from the SL right now?
The X-Pro2 EVF uses the same display as the X-T1, just with a lower magnification, due to the hybrid design where the EVF magnification needs to match the OVF's.

As for the SL, it got the Epson panel because initially Epson couldn't produce in sufficient quantities for a volume manufacturer, and Leica was willing to pay top dollar for early access, but the panel has graduated to mass production and I would expect more cameras to feature it:
http://photorumors.com/2015/12/09/ep...orless-camera/

I used to be be an OVF bigot, but the X-T1 changed that. I have both the X-T1 and the X-Pro2, but once the X-T2 comes out (probably delayed due to the earthquake), I will probably sell the X-Pro2, flagship or not.

Old 04-24-2016   #14
macjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by majid View Post
The X-Pro2 EVF uses the same display as the X-T1, just with a lower magnification, due to the hybrid design where the EVF magnification needs to match the OVF's. As for the SL, it got the Epson panel because initially Epson couldn't produce in sufficient quantities for a volume manufacturer, and Leica was willing to pay top dollar for early access, but the panel has graduated to mass production and I would expect more cameras to feature it: http://photorumors.com/2015/12/09/ep...orless-camera/ I used to be be an OVF bigot, but the X-T1 changed that. I have both the X-T1 and the X-Pro2, but once the X-T2 comes out (probably delayed due to the earthquake), I will probably sell the X-Pro2, flagship or not.
I used to be the same about the OVF but am now an EVF proponent. What you see is what you get and that makes it better in my opinion.

Old 04-24-2016   #15
bacil

I will be waiting for an even cheaper x-t20 for I don't need the wr and really like the size.

Old 04-24-2016   #16
macjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacil View Post
I will be waiting for an even cheaper x-t20 for I don't need the wr and really like the size.
I have the X-T10 and it is one sweet camera but if like it to be weather sealed for my street photography work...
Flickr thesrpspaintshop

Old 05-21-2016   #17
macjim

This might sound silly but with the launch of the X-t2 due this year, soon if the rumours are correct, then the X-t1 should start to be discounted in the stores. So that would be a better deal and a good upgrade from the X-t10 daft as it may sound.

Old 05-21-2016   #18
willie_901

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjim View Post
... So that would be a better deal and a good upgrade from the X-t10 daft as it may sound.
This does not sound daft to me. It is a cost effective option.

williamchuttonjr.com

Old 05-21-2016   #19
macjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie_901 View Post
This does not sound daft to me. It is a cost effective option.
thank you. Yes it would be nice to have the latest technology etc that the X-t2 would bring but the current technology in the X-T1 is very good.

Old 06-04-2016   #20
macjim

Today, the X-T10 is no more... traded in and now replaced by an X-T1 body in black.

Old 07-08-2016   #21
f16sunshine

Wow!! No XT2 excitement at RFF.
It's been out for over 24 hrs and not a peep on this forum.
Everyone must be at the beach

Old 07-08-2016   #22
daveleo
what?

That's an interesting observation, Andy.

I ( a big Fuji fan) think maybe Fuji has saturated the market with a variety of designs now ?
I'm shooting an XE1 and think it's just fine. People are shooting X100 and XA1/XM1 and they like them a lot. People love their XPro1.
Lot's of happy Fuji fans with what they (we) already have ?

"Insults are pouring down on me as thick as hail." .... E. Manet

Old 07-08-2016   #23
back alley
IMAGES

overall i am fine with my fuji gear...i have 2 xe2 bodies that i use plus 2 xe1 bodies, one of which i am using as it was sold but the deal didn't work out...and the second body is on hold for a friend of an rff member. i did sell the xm1 though...5 bodies was a bit much.
i would love the new xpro2 but the budget will not allow it at the moment.

xt20...xe2...xe1...
16...23...23...27...50...56...55-200

original canon F1...T90...24/2.8...100/2.8...200/2.8...300/5.6

Old 07-08-2016   #24
taemo

im happy with my xe2 but wouldnt mind more MP.
praying for an xe3 to br announced within the next 6months, otherwise i might get an Xpro2 or XT2

Old 07-08-2016   #25
coelacanth
Ride, dive, shoot.

X-T2 looks very nice. I am LOVING the X-Pro2, and T2 would be a great alternative for many. They look like Contax G2 and their modern SLR lines.

I'm wondering if the new NP-W 126S battery is going to offer even slightly more frames per charge on X-Pro2.

b/w guy.

flickr | RFF Gallery | Buy my prints on RFF Classifieds | Instagram | Portfolio

Old 07-08-2016   #26
Huss

Now that the XT2 is already old hat, any news on the XT3?

Old 07-08-2016   #27
coelacanth
Ride, dive, shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huss View Post
Now that the XT2 is already old hat, any news on the XT3?
Well, before that, how about a special color/finish edition? I love the black paint on X-Pro2 (read an article describing how hard it is to achieve that finish). I'd love to see that on X-T2, but probably titanium or other lighter-colored finish would be more likely as the alternative finish to the regular black one...

b/w guy.

flickr | RFF Gallery | Buy my prints on RFF Classifieds | Instagram | Portfolio

Old 07-08-2016   #28
David_Manning

I'm already laying the groundwork (i.e. whining and justifying) for an X-T2 upgrade. More pixels is okay, the focus will be very fast, great files and colors as usual. However, my primary driver will be video this time around. I don't mind a non-camcorder form factor for shooting serious video, but I cannot stand holding at arms' length and using the rear EVF...totally useless in sunshine. This camera will allow eye-level EVF, 100fps refresh rate, peaking and zebra while shooting, and 4k down-sampled from 6k acquisition. Pretty serious video chops, but still a bit under-performing in its codec compared to the most recent A7 series (and no in-body stabilization)...but it's less than half the price! Well, at least there is F-log profile for increased dynamic range!! But still, only 8-bit 4:2:0 in camera (4:2:2 to external recorder, but still 8-bit).

Old 07-08-2016   #29
David_Manning

Did I mention shooting beautiful Fuji glass natively, instead of mediocre Sony glass or adapting glass and crippling features?

Old 07-08-2016   #30
SaveKodak

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Manning View Post
Did I mention shooting beautiful Fuji glass natively, instead of mediocre Sony glass or adapting glass and crippling features?
Mediocre Sony glass like:

The Batis 18, 25, and 85mm lenses?

The Loxia 21, 35, and 50mm lenses?

The Sony/Zeiss 35/2.8, 35/1.4, and 55/1.8?

Or the Sony GM 85/1.4 & 24-70/2.8?

The affordable Sony 28/2, or the 50/1.8?

Or maybe the Voigtlander ultra-wides? Or 40/2.8?

I'm sure it's terrible using a 50mm Summilux in it's native format with an EVF, THE WORST. Ditto with classic Nikkor, FD, Olympus OM, and Contax C/Y glass. 1.5x magnification OR BUST.

Who could possibly out-do Fuji and their marvelous APS-C lenses? The world may never know...

Old 07-08-2016   #31
MCTuomey

kodak, native apples-to-apples (meaning exclude the zeiss MF lenses and adapted MF or AF lenses), and given size and cost considerations, fuji x offers what i can't get from sony, a system that i can build on and get repaired easily.

sony's sensors, mount adaptability, and partnering with zeiss are truly wonderful, but some of us are willing to trade "down" from FF majesty and tread the plebeian paths of APS-C for what we shoot, fools that we are.

that said, if all i shot were landscapes without really long exposures, and i wanted to go really light, an A7RII, a loxia 21 & 50, and a zeiss or leica 85/90/100/135 in a bag with a tripod would be my choice in a minute.

btw i think dave is posting tongue-in-cheek, but i could be wrong.

The photographer chances upon a scene that fascinates him. He longs to be a part of it ... recording the scene and including within it his vicarious representative, the participating observer. --- Geoff Dyer

Gear: more than enough, film and digital

My Flickr

Old 07-08-2016   #32
Addy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCTuomey View Post
sony's sensors, mount adaptability, and partnering with zeiss are truly wonderful, but some of us are willing to trade "down" from FF majesty and tread the plebeian paths of APS-C for what we shoot, fools that we are.
It is a good thing Fuji exists, as my A6000 with 10-18/4, 35/1.8 OSS and 50/1.8 OSS is HUGE and delivers sub-par pictures, but I can ALWAYS dream of a Fuji set up.

I know Fuji has the sex-appeal, but it is really expensive. For a comparable set of APS-C lenses I have to spend almost a thousand Euros more: the wide angle is 250,- more and the 56/1.2 is over 720,- more expensive then the 50/1.8 (Fuji really needs a 50/2). Only the 35/2 is comparable to the 35/1.8 in price.

Old 07-08-2016   #33
MCTuomey

Addy, my references were to comparisons b/w Fuji X and Sony FF lenses, not Sony APS-C glass. As far as comparison between Sony APS-C lenses and Fuji X lenses, do you really expect an f/1.2 lens to price the same as an f/1.8? C'mon. The Sony 10-16/4 is comparably priced to the XF 10-24/4. And, as you say, the similar spec'd XF 35/2 and 35/1.8 are similar in price too.

Back to the XT2. Not buying one because my 2.5 year old XT1s do the job, despite great shape they wouldn't sell for much now anyway, but I think I might be swayed at some point if the AF is significantly improved. XT1 AF in high contrast situations frustrates me.

The photographer chances upon a scene that fascinates him. He longs to be a part of it ... recording the scene and including within it his vicarious representative, the participating observer. --- Geoff Dyer

Gear: more than enough, film and digital

My Flickr

Old 07-08-2016   #34
Darthfeeble
Accidental Photographer

I had such hopes for the X-e3 coming next. Still I wait.

Old 07-08-2016   #35
back alley
IMAGES

i doubt that an xe3 will come soon...they just gave us an xe2s plus new firmware for the xe2.
but i do think that it will come eventually. pairing the xpro2 and the xt2 as a shared king and queen of the lineup tells me that they are aware of the 2 groups that like fuji.

xt20...xe2...xe1...
16...23...23...27...50...56...55-200

original canon F1...T90...24/2.8...100/2.8...200/2.8...300/5.6

Old 07-08-2016   #36
jarski

Quote:
Wow!! No XT2 excitement at RFF.
It's been out for over 24 hrs and not a peep on this forum.
Everyone must be at the beach
I thought the same as nobody seemed to bother mention the new model. Or maybe more rangefinderisque XPro models have more interest here.

Old 07-08-2016   #37
Brian Atherton

X-T2 isn't for me; couldn't gel with the one I tried, but an X-Pro2 with an articulated screen I would consider.

"Maintenant, mon ami !"
http://www.asingulareye.wordpress.com

Old 07-09-2016   #38
sojournerphoto

I wonder how much is because everyone expected the Xt2 to cost less than the XP2?

Old 07-09-2016   #39
Steveh

Pre-ordered mine yesterday - will probably trade in my XT-1

Old 07-09-2016   #40
macjim

Quote:
Wow!! No XT2 excitement at RFF. It's been out for over 24 hrs and not a peep on this forum. Everyone must be at the beach
not at all.... Just been very busy at work. I do like what I see in the new X-T2 and o would love one but that price is what will keep me from buying one just now, plus as you know already, I've only had my X-T1 around two months now and am enjoying using immensely. 4K video isn't something I'd really use but the new sensor, processing power and autofocus is a huge step up from the X-T1's. Maybe next year when the price comes down will I look at buying though.