Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Scale Focus 35's

Scale Focus 35's Though not rangefinders, scale focus 35's are 1st cousins. This forum includes such popular gems as the Rollei 35's, Petri 35's, and the Olympus XA-4.

Olympus TRIP 35 : a question
Old 04-10-2016   #1
Joao
Negativistic forever

Olympus TRIP 35 : a question

Hello
Could some Trip 35 user please clarify this?
Looking to the interior of the camera, there is a frame behind the shutter blades, sort of rectangular-shaped with curved sides. My camera shows a gap in the lower border of that frame

Is this normal or should it have the lower border somehow like this (red dotted line), similar to the upper border??

I didnt try the camera yet , but I would like to know if it is important (or not) to complete the lower side of that frame. If someone looks at the interior of his/her own Trip 35, I will have my answer.
Thank you in advance
Joao

Old 04-10-2016   #2
DanskDynamit

hi Joao, I don't know if its important but I just checked mine and yours seems to be broken as mine goes all the way from side to side like with those red dots.

Old 04-10-2016   #3
Joao
Negativistic forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanskDynamit View Post
hi Joao, I don't know if its important but I just checked mine and yours seems to be broken as mine goes all the way from side to side like with those red dots.
I'm grateful for your input. I guess some previous owner has been messing inside the camera - there are superficial scratches on the shutterblades.
I will test with some film, and if necessary, I may try to cover that gap.
But as you say, it might not be important.
Thank you
Joao

Old 06-10-2016   #4
flavio81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joao View Post
I'm grateful for your input. I guess some previous owner has been messing inside the camera - there are superficial scratches on the shutterblades.
For adjusting infinity focus, which is a MUST after dissasembling the camera, as well as for verifying the aperture selected by the camera, you need to keep the shutter open, and for this you will need to use tweezers, a pen, a little tube and similar DIY devices.

This will definitely scratch the shutter blades.

But this does not affect the shutter in any way.