Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Argus RF

Argus RF Forum for Argus RF nuts. The American made Argus C-3 may be the most prolific rangefinder, with over 3 million cameras produced! While American RF nutz of the 1950's may have yearned for a Leica, Zeiss, Canon or Nikon, most of them used an Argus !

Accessory Shoe Mod
Old 11-19-2013   #1
farlymac
PF McFarland

Accessory Shoe Mod

Something I came up with for using a third party finder with my interchangeable lenses on a C-3 Match-Matic, or Color-Match.

Leica VIOOH Finder by br1078phot, on Flickr

Spacer Installed by br1078phot, on Flickr

Spacer by br1078phot, on Flickr

Before and After by br1078phot, on Flickr

It's a generic hot-shoe cover with the center hump cut out, then the thickness trimmed by sliding it on a wide bladed file. I figure it's better than having to use different bodies with different finders (I've got a 35/100mm clip-on for the Sandmars, and a Zeiss 438 85/135mm finder I could have used with the Soligor). The Leica VIOOH finder works with all the lenses, and also has parallax correction.

PF

Old 11-19-2013   #2
mortalenema
What the?

Nice job. I made a similar spacer for one of mine out of clear plastic from a blank CD. I mount my VIOOH on it too.