Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Help / Feedback forum

Help / Feedback forum This area should address site improvements and help with the forum.

Old 04-06-2017   #81
Doug

Thanks, Lynn... Looking at Camerapedia, it appears that almost all the Vito variations had the f/3.5 Skopar, except the Vito BL which came with either that or the f/2.8, and the Vito III with the f/2 Ultron. Added those two to the list!

Old 04-07-2017   #82
Alfasud
Old Toys

Pls add:
Konishiroku (Konica) Hexar 1:2.8 f:50
Fixed lens on Konica I Type Cs

Thanks

If I age as well as my cameras, I'll do all right

Old 04-07-2017   #83
Doug

With a bit of research I found the following, now incorporated on the lens list... Any corrections?

Konica I, IIB Hexar 50mm f/3.5

Konica I, IIB Hexar 50mm f/2.8

Konica II, IIF Hexanon 50mm f/2.8

Konica IIB-m Hexar 45mm f/3.5

Konica IIA, III, IIIA Hexanon 48mm f/2.0 (already on the list)

Konica IIIA, IIIM Hexanon 50mm f/1.8

Old 04-09-2017   #84
Alfasud
Old Toys

Looks good Doug.
Thanks

Old 04-09-2017   #85
lynnb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Thanks, Lynn... Looking at Camerapedia, it appears that almost all the Vito variations had the f/3.5 Skopar, except the Vito BL which came with either that or the f/2.8, and the Vito III with the f/2 Ultron. Added those two to the list!
I've got a Vito BL and Vitomatic 1a, and both have the Color-Skopar f/2.8. I didn't know there were f/3.5 versions.

Konica I Type Cs
Old 04-30-2017   #86
Alfasud
Old Toys

Konica I Type Cs

I would like to add this camera to the " camera list" section.

Mine is "Konica I Type Cs", with a collapsible "Konishisiroku 2.8/50" lens. Lens is non-removable.

Thanks, David

Old 05-01-2017   #87
Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfasud View Post
I would like to add this camera to the "camera list" section.

Mine is "Konica I Type Cs", with a collapsible "Konishisiroku 2.8/50" lens. Lens is non-removable.

Thanks, David
Hi David — Some info below found online that you might find useful... And I saw a photo of your lens. Indeed it says “Konishiroku” on the trim ring, and around the other side of that is “Hexar”. Of course Konishiroku is the name of the manufacturer, and Hexar is the name of the lens, conveniently already present in the RFF lens database!

That database does not list cameras, just lenses and the mounting. Cameras enter their own list automatically from the EXIF info in the digital image file, or entered manually when a file derived from film is uploaded.

Konica I Type B
Introduced in March 1948. The top plate of the camera now carries the serial number, the model name (‘Konica’). The leatherette on the back door still shows the name ‘Konishiroku’ embossed in ornamental letters, while the leatherette on the bottom is now embossed with the inscription ‘Made in Occupied Japan.’ The camera was fitted with a Hexar f3.5 lens set in a Konirapid shutter. Part way through the production run of this variant, a Hexar f2.8 version was also made available. Both were sold concurrently. The focussing scale is still in metres.

Konica I Type C
Introduced sometime in 1949. The camera is identical in appearance to Type B, but lacking the name ‘Konishiroku’ embossed the back door. It was fitted with the two Hexar lens options already available for Type B (Hexar 2.8 and 3.5). Tests of the camera were published around 1948 and it was advertised in magazines dated June 1948 through June 1950.

Konica I Type Cs
The camera is identical in appearance to Type C, but from now on the lenses are set in the synchronised Konirapid-S shutter (B, 1–500).

Konica I Type D
Introduced in 1950. The camera is identical in appearance to Type C, except that the text on the camera bottom now reads ‘Made in Japan.’ It would appear that the version with the Hexar f/3.5 was sold concurrently with Type E, which had the Hexanon f/2.8 mounted.

Old 05-02-2017   #88
Alfasud
Old Toys

Thanks Doug. I am acquiring old cameras so fast (LOL) that i forget how to add things and/or what I have already asked. Sorry for this.

Thanks so much for the info you have provided. Its really helpful.