Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Fuji X Series > Fuji X-100 Series

Fuji X-100 Series This forum is for fans of the rangefinder retrostyled Fuji X Series of digital cameras.

Old 1 Day Ago   #2601
DwF

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEH View Post
Congrats on the X100F Helen. I love mine. I have posted a couple of experiments in my 'test' gallery:

https://kirkh.smugmug.com/Photography/Test/

The first three shots are actually three different takes on Acros 100. You can see the captions when looking at a shot by moving the cursor just below the bottom edge of a given photo. The first is with the X100F simulated Acros at ISO3200 and neutral density filter (this gives some graininess). The second is 35mm film Acros 100 in my Leica MP. The third is 120 film Acros 100 in my Fuji GF670. The simulated Acros on the X100F is pretty convincing.

The final three shots are an experiment with the 50mm 'digital teleconverter' on the X100F. In this mode the camera takes a 50mm field of view crop of the 35mm field of view original, then up-res's the result to 24MP. The first shot is the regular 35mm fov. The second is my crop (in lightroom) to 50mm fov with no up-res. The third is the up-res'd 50mm fov shot using the digital teleconverter. These are all at 2048 pixels wide on Smugmug, so it is not a true test of the quality of the digital teleconverter. But at 100% in lightroom I really can't see a significant loss of quality.

This is probably the coolest digicam I have ever owned.

Cheers,
Kirk
Kirk,

Thank you for sharing these here. I have not compared Acros simulated to the real Acros film yet, but recently shooting with my X Pro 2 played with a file comparing the Acros G simulation to RAW. I still preferred the RAW result but find the simulation to be really good. I am still working on tweaking in-camera settings. Fun to see this comparison. On my monitor the simulation looks a bit more like the 120 sample you posted

David

Old 1 Day Ago   #2602
tonyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbielikowski View Post

DR400 and build-in ND filter.

Really great picture !
The colour is very nice.
Can you share any tips on your colour grading process ?

Thanks
-TC

Old 10 Hours Ago   #2603
Maiku
Maiku

http://www.ipernity.com/doc/1573670/album

Camera: Sony a7. Minolta Lenses: 28/2.8, 35/2, 50/1.7, 50/3.5, 85/1.4, 100/2.8, 75/210/4. Tokina Lenses: 28-70/2.8