Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > 120 film RF Folders

120 film RF Folders 120/220 Format Folding Rangefinders, including the various classic Zeiss Ikontas, Voigtlander Bessas, and their Ruskie copies.

Konica Pearl III film advance
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
coupdegrace

Konica Pearl III film advance

I recently bought a Konica Pearl III and shot a test roll of film. This model does not have red window on the back to assist in film advance but instead has a winder that 'auto' measures the distance and stops at the next shot. Unfortunately with my camera, it doesn't advance far enough! All the negative images overlapped by at least a 1/4 inch meaning it really needs to wind another 1/2 inch to provide for the space. So before I begin dismantling the mechanism - has anyone experienced this and if so, is there a repair solution?

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
jamin-b

If you need repairs, I would strongly recommend Greg Weber for old Konica cameras. He made a Konica III work like new for me, and in my correspondence he mentioned that he could work on Pearls. He is very friendly and may be able to give you some advice to start for a DIY.

Greg Weber <[email protected]>

Old 1 Week Ago   #3
coupdegrace

I can answer this question now that Ive loaded the film correctly!!! If I wasn't so hasty and had referred to this site - http://www.120folder.com/pearl_iii.htm - on how to load the film properly I never would have searched high and low on the web about film advance adjustments.... What happened was I didn't wind enough film onto the spool before shooting. Makes sense, not enough girth on the spool to advance the film to the correct length!!
(BTW - I did write the Greg Weber.... no response)