Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Canon Leica Screw Mount Film Rangefinders

Canon Leica Screw Mount Film Rangefinders For classic Leica Screw Mount Canon Rangefinders.

Old 01-06-2017   #41
iphoenix

The canon 7 is nice, but to me feels as big as a Leica M5, which I've never felt comfortable with.. The IVSB2 feels good but to me, it is a little too heavy as compared to the Leica IIIF.

Old 01-07-2017   #42
nukecoke
⚛Yashica

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb244 View Post
That L2 looks nice, I prefered the Canon P, which I used to have, but had to sell. I now have a 7 with a working meter.

The 7 is nice in the sense that it has switchable frame lines (35, 50, 85/100, 135) which are parrallax corrected, and has a better magnification to be able to see the 35mm frameline (whereas some people complain of being able to clearly see the 35mm frame line on the Canon P).

I like my 7, but I would like a P better, except the P seems to fetch more than a 7 from my searching around. (plus the P has an accessory shoe, the first 7 does not, so no easy room to put a viewfinder if you want to shoot a wider lens).

The only major issue I can think of with the 7 currently is that it does not seem easy to find a professional repair person who will touch a 7. They seem to work on a P as the latest Canon RF they will touch.
http://www.okvintagecamera.com/repair.html
Oleg has Canons in his repair list, but I don't know how good he is with canons. I've never used his service but he has a reputation on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphoenix View Post
The canon 7 is nice, but to me feels as big as a Leica M5, which I've never felt comfortable with.. The IVSB2 feels good but to me, it is a little too heavy as compared to the Leica IIIF.

Same here. I don't use my 7 anymore purely because of the large size. Really like the selectable projected frame-lines and I'm glad to see Bessa-R picked the idea up.

flickr

About Film Cameras