Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film > Hardware / Computers / Drives / etc

Hardware / Computers / Drives / etc This is the place to discuss the hardware to keep your digital pics more than just memories.

Eyefi out of business...!
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
Dante_Stella
Rex canum cattorumque

Eyefi out of business...!

I don't know if this has even hit the wire, and it's not even on Eyefi's site (the most recent news there was a licensing deal with Toshiba). But I was in the middle of a warranty issue with one of these cards and received this message from "Adam" in customer support:

-------------------------
Adam
Jan 4, 14:38 PST

Hello.

Unfortunately, Eyefi has entered into a liquidation process and is no longer in business. As a result, replacements and refunds can no longer be provided. You can file a claim with the person(s) managing the Eyefi liquidation at the following address:

Eyefi (assignment for the benefit of creditors), LLC
P.O. Box 391600
Mountain View, California 94039-1600
United States
Facsimile +1 650 412-2521

Sincerely,
Eyefi Support

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
splitimageview

Not surprising, most digicams have wifi built-in now, and the EyeFi cards had less than ideal software and power draw.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
benmacphoto

Splitimage nailed it.
Most camera sold today are coming with built in wifi, and most have great apps for transferring images.

Website

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
kb244

Doesn't really surprise me. The software wasn't the greatest to set up for just average consumers. And people like myself want to shoot raw and it's too slow for that.The built in wifi if you got the luxury (I'm still using my Olympus E-P3 and E-M5, which course supports eye-fi, but as I said, too slow for raw) tends to work better.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
Dante_Stella
Rex canum cattorumque

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitimageview View Post
Not surprising, most digicams have wifi built-in now, and the EyeFi cards had less than ideal software and power draw.
Sadly, their most recent software (with the funky name) is actually better than what Sony and Fuji have. The problem with the cards is that they choke on the 95mb/sec transfer speed that Leicas seem to want.

Dante