Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Kodak Retina RF

Kodak Retina RF This forum is for the 35mm Kodak Retinas, known for their German engineering, relatively modest price and superb lenses.

Old 03-19-2016   #81
madNbad

If one is good, two must be better! IIc & IIIc

[IMG]L1030867 by Michael DeLuca, on Flickr[/IMG]

Retina IIIc from 1957
Old 05-12-2016   #82
AZPhotog
Keith S

Retina IIIc from 1957

My dad's 1957 Retina IIIc, just renovated within the past two weeks by Chris Sherlock. Have the flash, most filters, number 5 metal shutter cable, 'B' case. Plus the original boxes except for camera and case.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7FX_2202.jpg (51.3 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by AZPhotog : 05-12-2016 at 10:02. Reason: typo

Old 05-27-2016   #83
nparsons13

My Retina IIIS, found at a swap meet last February. The leatherette was cracking and chipping off, with wide strip scraped off the middle of the back. So I found some thin bookbinding leatherette and re-covered it--my first attempt at that. Otherwise, the camera was and is in very good condition. The only problem I can find with it is that the yellow pointer of the light meter lightly touches the meter needle when they are lined up, so the meter has to be used carefully.

Kodak Retina IIIS by Noel Parsons, on Flickr

Kodak Retina IIIS by Noel Parsons, on Flickr

Old 08-24-2016   #84
shawn

I took the IIa out shooting yesterday. About halfway through the rangefinder was slow to return and wouldn't go all the way back to infinity. Thanks to Chris Sherlock's pages I CLA'ed the rangefinder.

Shawn

Old 12-29-2016   #85
vemodalen

Hi everyone, my first post. You seem like a friendly knowledgeable group. I Just picked this up from Charity shop in UK. Seems to be mint but I guess I need to run a film through it first. I don't know much about Retina's. Looking forward to researching them and using this rangefinder.

Paul

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Old 12-30-2016   #86
underlord

Kodak Retina IIa by Philip McAllister, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/underlord/albums/

Old 02-28-2017   #87
Capt. Apparatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plungefrog View Post
Another one of my IIIS, this time with the 50mm f1.9 Xenon. It does make the camera bigger and heavier but I actually prefer the handling compared to the usual f2.8 Xenar with the focus tab, despite the intrusion in to the viewfinder. Perhaps it's just me...
I completely agree on the little focusing tab, it's even more dificult with the lens hood attached to the camera. I understand some of the later xenar lenses have a knurled ring in adition to the little tab so I'm sure Kodak came to the same conclusion as well.

my IIIS fitted with the xenar lens, I've also got a 50mm xenon and recently picked up a tele-arton (it's so Tiny!) and a tele-xenar. I'd love to find a 35 someday too.