Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Coffee With Mentors > Simon Says -- SimonSawSunlight Photo Technique

Simon Says -- SimonSawSunlight Photo Technique From time to time its been suggested that RFF have a mentor Photography help section in terms of Technique - how to shoot this or that. 1st of all I had to find someone whose work I really like. 2ndly that photog had to be willing help others. That's the catch: so many excellent photogs just are not wiling to make the time for that, or just as likely, simply don't give a damn about helping others. SimonSawSunlight is an excellent up and coming photog whose work seems to go well beyond his 24 years.

You can view Simon's work at http://www.simonbephotography.com/  and www.facebook.com/simonbphotography Simon has been published in in FAZ (Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung), LFI (Leica Fotografie International) and more recently in Radiate Magazine. He also recently had a large solo-exhibition in Berlin. Not too Shabby! So, let us begin this adventure and see where it goes. Thank for taking this on Simon!

thailand 2016
Old 10-17-2016   #1
SimonSawSunlight
userabuser

thailand 2016

earlier this year i spend some 2 weeks in thailand and met the legendary michael bialecki along the way. now i finally put some sort of a sloppy series together. i do have do have quite a few more pictures it's just a question of what will happen to them and where...

i'm limited to 15 pictures per post here, the blog has a longer version: http://simonsawstreet.blogspot.de/2016/10/thailand.html

Old 10-17-2016   #2
SimonSawSunlight
userabuser

sorry if any of these are in any way disturbing to anyone, i forgot to add a little warning to the thread's title for the more sensitive of hearts. moderators please feel free to correct that.

Old 10-17-2016   #3
Colin Corneau
Colin Corneau

I love them. This is clearly the work of a person who sees what's in front of them...having been to Thailand I think it takes a lot of skill to capture some of the moments you did.

Best compliment I can give is each one was interesting, a moment. Great to see this work and I'll find more at your site!

"Viva Film Renaissance"

Old 10-19-2016   #4
SimonSawSunlight
userabuser

thanks colin

Old 10-19-2016   #5
Black
Photographer.

Very nice series, Simon - well worth anyone's time to take a look a the "extended cut" on the link you've provided.