Faulty GRD4 sensor?
Old 10-10-2016   #1
benji77
@R.F.F

Faulty GRD4 sensor?

I love my GRD4, so when I saw results after a recent download, I was heartbroken. Has anyone experienced this before? The edges of the image are all fuzzy, and it appears on the display as well.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Old 10-10-2016   #2
rhl-oregon
jolly good dog Robert

Not this experience, alas for you, but I accidentally dropped my GRD4 in a sandbox in mid focus while sneezing. Sand got into the lens barrel, the camera seized up. After cursing myself for not attaching the wrist lanyard, I sent it to CrisCam in Arizona. They were able to replace the affected parts for $300. They will give you an estimate before repair/billing, I think, if they have the spares.

I sold mine to recover costs & to get the GR (APSC). It may be time for a sentimental farewell and upgrade for you. The IV is harder to find than the III, so you could ever so slightly downgrade for less $$.

Robert Hill Long Tumblr