Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Large Format Film RF

Large Format Film RF Forum for Large Format Rangefinders (generally 4x5 or larger format) iIncluding Linhof 4x5, Graflex 4x5, and other Large Format Rangefinders.

Fixing my Graflex Rangefinder
Old 09-10-2016   #1
VTHokiEE

Fixing my Graflex Rangefinder

I was trying to calibrate the top mounted rangefinder on my crown graphic and I messed up somewhere. I tried to follow these directions: https://lommen9.home.xs4all.nl/cams/index.html and but now the second image doesn't move correctly (it hardly moves at all). All that I think I did was loosen the nut and then maybe bump the mirror accidentally. I tried to reposition the mirror and tighten the nut back up but now the second image doesn't move. I should have left well enough alone, but does anyone have any idea what I messed up?

Thanks!

Old 09-10-2016   #2
Moto-Uno
Moto-Uno

^ Not too sure how far into it you got, but have you tried removing the long arm and while looking through the rangefinder window move the short arm and check to see if the image moves in the rangefinder ? I think I prefer the Kalart unit . Peter