Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film > Hardware / Computers / Drives / etc

Hardware / Computers / Drives / etc This is the place to discuss the hardware to keep your digital pics more than just memories.

original iPad mini vs iPad mini4?
Old 07-30-2016   #1
back alley
IMAGES

original iPad mini vs iPad mini4?

went for a visit on the apple canada site and felt like a kid in a candy store.
i have a mac mini which is great for my needs...still have an ancient macbook that is getting slower by the day and needs to be plugged in as the battery function seems dead.
and i have an iPad mini which is a pretty good unit...but i noticed there is an iPad mini2 and an iPad mini4 now.
the mini 2 looks a bit old and not worth moving up to but the mini 4 looks like a worthwhile upgrade.

any thoughts from any you mac heads?

xe2...xe1...16...23...27...56...55-200

original canon F1...T90...24/2.8...100/2.8...200/2.8...300/5.6

Old 07-30-2016   #2
madNbad

The Mini 2 looks like a good deal until you find out it won't run the latest IOS very well. I replaced my iPad 2 (full size, bought in November 2011) for a Mini 4 for that reason. Also, with the enhanced graphics the 4 gives the same resolution as the larger iPads but on a smaller screen making everything sharper.

Old 07-30-2016   #3
CK Dexter Haven

I have an original iPad Air. I would upgrade to a newer version specifically for increased RAM, which I believe would solve the issue of every safari tab needing to refresh when it is selected. That's about all I would really need, although more resolution might also be nice, but not having compared resolutions, I don't know that I'm missing anything.