Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Digital Cameras > CSC : Digital Compact System Cameras -

CSC : Digital Compact System Cameras - This new category of digital Compact System Cameras with interchangeable lenses was mislabeled for a time as "Mirrorless Cameras" by those forgetting about "Mirrorless" Rangefinder cameras.  Such confusion is easily understandable, since interchangeable rangefinder cameras were only recently introduced in 1932.  hmm.    CSC or Compact System Camera is probably the best category description to date, although I am fond of the old RFF desigation of  CEVIL  indicating Compact Electronic Viewfidner Interchangeable Lens.   This forum is here at RFF because via adapters these cameras offer an inexpensive way to use rangefinder lenses on digital cameras -- in addition of just about every 35mm SLR lens you can think of.  All  offer the photo enthusiast an incredible array of adopted lenses which was not possible before these new digital formats.   This group continues to grow in popularity and new camera models! 

85mm LTM lenses on aps-c pics
Old 05-10-2016   #1
Soeren

85mm LTM lenses on aps-c pics

Does such thread already exist?
Im thinking about getting an 85 LTM for portraits with my A6000 so please post some pics done with such or similar combo
Moderators. Im not sure if this is the appropriate location. Feel free to move thread.

Old 05-10-2016   #2
mcfingon
Western Australia

I can't show a portrait but here is a flower shot with a Jupiter-9 contax mount used on my Nikon D3300, which is almost the same sensor as your A6000. The J9 would be good for low-contrast and soft bokeh type photos.

Old 05-24-2016   #3
rybolt

8.5cm Steinheil Culminar in LTM on the Fuji XT1. Not the sharpest lens in the world, in fact, this one has quite a bit of haze and dust, but I love the rendering.

A pair of Barnack Anniversary cameras
Who knows how many others

http://www.ryboltcox.com

Old 05-24-2016   #4
raid
Dad Photographer

Canon 85/1.5 on an old model E-P2 Olympus M 4/3 camera. The sensor is smaller than an APC sensor.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffg...n.php?cid=7007

http://raid.smugmug.com/

Old 05-24-2016   #5
rhl-oregon
jolly good dog Robert

The mighty Serenar 85/1.9 on a GXR....

...and on an X-E1

(minimum focus distance here)

Robert Hill Long Tumblr