Minolta TC-1 Images
Old 10-31-2016   #1
WJJ3

Minolta TC-1 Images

I couldn't find a thread for images from this camera so I thought I would start one here. I picked one of these up the other day at a nice price and burned a roll of Superia through it. Some snaps below, and comments below that. Hope everyone enjoys and contributes!

0.45m close focus and f3.5 full aperture

My initial impressions are that this camera and its lens live up to the hype. The size, controls, and finder are brilliant, and a good example of engineering from a real-world user standpoint. The G-ROKKOR, from what I see so far is stunning. I read that Minolta threw everything they had at this lens, and it seems to show.

full disclosure: Once upon a time Minolta was king, and im a Minolta fan. I thoroughly enjoy fooling around with things like the M-ROKKOR 90mm (CLE), SRT 101 (black paint ), the MC 50mm f1.4, the MD 35-70 3.5 Macro zoom, a X-500 (silver one from Germany ), and even a little Freedom Vista

by WilliamJosephJefferson, on Flickr

Flickr

Old 12-08-2016   #2
kram

This is my recently bpurchased camera. Good close up focusing down to 45cm. Images have much more contrast at f5.6 than at f3.5. If used at f5.6-8 really sharp photos. Weedy flash.

Old 12-09-2016   #3
viggi

Wow - nice. Love the rendering. Last one is great.

Old 12-10-2016   #4
Rico

Nice pics! Waterhouse stops in a P&S: only from the mind of Minolta. I always wanted a TC-1, but they were so expensive. The 28mm lens itself is available as a collectable LTM.

Rico Tudor. Leica M4, IIIb, 28, 35, 50, 90, 135, 280. Contax T, RTS; Canon; Nikon; Profoto

Old 12-19-2016   #5
kiss-o-matic

How is it at F11 - F16?