Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Help / Feedback forum

Help / Feedback forum This area should address site improvements and help with the forum.

Old 04-02-2017   #161
raycpa

When I click share I get a window that lists social media icons (FB, Twitter, etc) and email. I don't get an option for BBCode. I use Safari. Any advice?

Old 04-02-2017   #162
sevres_babylone

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycpa View Post
When I click share I get a window that lists social media icons (FB, Twitter, etc) and email. I don't get an option for BBCode. I use Safari. Any advice?
If you click on an individual picture in your gallery, then the window you mention should have 4 choices above the icons, and the one on the right should say "BBCode". When you click on that to choose it, the code shows below, and you copy and paste it in RFF. (I am using Safari)

Old 04-03-2017   #163
raycpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevres_babylone View Post
If you click on an individual picture in your gallery, then the window you mention should have 4 choices above the icons, and the one on the right should say "BBCode". When you click on that to choose it, the code shows below, and you copy and paste it in RFF. (I am using Safari)

Thank You, Sevres_babylone!!!!

Old 04-24-2017   #164
mnutzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnutzer View Post
Fine, now the setting of photos works much better.
Hopefully the sensitive interplay of the various components from different computer worlds will not be destroyed by the next updates.

How to post pics using your flickr account?
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #165
Spider67

Question How to post pics using your flickr account?

Hi Folks,
In my 50th year I have decided to explore the web a bit further and discovered the marvel of flickr
Alas I still can't figure out how to post pics by using a link to my flickr account.
I tired doing it by copying the link of my photo and pasting it but it did not work the last few times I tried:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156273...posted-public/

Please enlighten me.....as I am feeling as if I a have lived under a Stone for the last twenty years....
Greetings from Vienna
Des

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #166
rbiemer
Unabashed Amateur

Nice photo! To share it here in your post, use the "bent arrow" button at flickr. Once you click on that, you will get a pop up that says "Share 1 photo to...", choose the "BBcode" tab, copy the link and then click on the insert image button here. Delete the "http" stuff then paste the link into the box.
[IMG]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4086/...6406ab90_c.jpgDSC_1301 by Dessislaw Pajakoff, on Flickr[/IMG]

And you should get this.

Rob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (7.2 KB, 5 views)

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
--Mark Twain

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #167
Spider67

Thank you for your quick answer and for posting my pic! I am glad you liked it. It was not made with an RF....neverteheless one of my favorites!
Best regards and a happy Birthday
Des

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #168
peterm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbiemer View Post
Nice photo! To share it here in your post, use the "bent arrow" button at flickr. Once you click on that, you will get a pop up that says "Share 1 photo to...", choose the "BBcode" tab, copy the link and then click on the insert image button here. Delete the "http" stuff then paste the link into the box.

Rob
Save

I agree with the above except the last bit. Although you can do as he suggests, there is no need to paste the link into the "insert image" box on this forum. Instead just paste the entire Flickr link (including the HTTP stuff) directly into the text box into which you are typing the main text for your post. Or of course if its a "words no words" post and you wish not to type any words, just paste the Flickr link you copied. I always do it this way and it always works.

One other thing to remember - Flickr gives you several image size options. Select the one that best suits your forum needs and photo. I generally use either 1200 or 1600 pixels wide (or high if it's portrait format). Too large or too small can be a pain for readers.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #169
Spider67

Thank you Peter!

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #170
ChrisLivsey

I continue to post using the above method but on several occasions have been informed, by no doubt well meaning posters with the best of intentions, here that this is against the Flickr terms of service.
i have never troubled to check those terms and the wrath of Flickr has never descended and I suspect I am in good company with many thousands of others but be aware you may have warnings.

https://www.instagram.com/chris.livsey/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/red_eyes_man/

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #171
kuuan
plays with lenses

this is how it looks like when simply pasting the BBC code directly into the message window:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4086/...6406ab90_z.jpgDSC_1301 by Dessislaw Pajakoff, on Flickr

I usually press enter in front of the image title, in this case in front of DSC-1301, than it looks like that:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4086/...6406ab90_z.jpg
DSC_1301 by Dessislaw Pajakoff, on Flickr

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #172
johannielscom
Leica II is The One

10 characters.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #173
peterm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLivsey View Post
I continue to post using the above method but on several occasions have been informed, by no doubt well meaning posters with the best of intentions, here that this is against the Flickr terms of service.
i have never troubled to check those terms and the wrath of Flickr has never descended and I suspect I am in good company with many thousands of others but be aware you may have warnings.
Seems strange to me that it might be against Flickr terms of use given they specifically provide on their site, the HTML code required for a photo to be posted into a Bulletin Board thread - you can choose it as one of the options in the download link. This would mean they facilitate the breach themselves. So I can't figure that one out. Like you I have never checked their terms of use though. Cheers

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #174
dmr
Registered Abuser

I've always gotten the impression that flickr tolerates, even encourages, posting on photo boards and such.

Anyway, I've always been in the habit of simply viewing at the size I want to post and using the direct URL of the image of that size. That shortened URL (flic.kr) you get on the "share" button just doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling for some reason.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #175
johnwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmr View Post
I've always gotten the impression that flickr tolerates, even encourages, posting on photo boards and such.

Anyway, I've always been in the habit of simply viewing at the size I want to post and using the direct URL of the image of that size. That shortened URL (flic.kr) you get on the "share" button just doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling for some reason.
Same here. I use Flickr only for hosting images posted to forums and my tumblr, and not as a presentation site. I prefer to not show the link to my Flickr page below my RFF photo posts.

So I use the Insert image icon and link to the 1024 pixel image on Flickr.

John

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #176
Keith
On leave from Gallifrey

I tend to open the image and click on the download arrow bottom right then on to view all sizes. Then just right click on the image size I want and go through the 'copy image location' then paste here in the appropriate box routine.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #177
dmr
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwolf View Post
I prefer to not show the link to my Flickr page below my RFF photo posts.
Same here. I don't use the flickr site as any kind of public exhibition. I have a lot of bona fide junk in there. Old and current avatars, test images, etc.