Old 3 Weeks Ago   #8121
splitimageview

Likely because that's the photos that he had available, there is nothing in the listing that states that every single step of the process has been showcased via photos. The text states things unequivocally. Again, it makes no sense to take a default position that a well-known service provider is lying to their customers, when such a lie would become self-evident.

In any event this is now fully resolved even though one would think my testimony as a repeat customer would have been sufficient without having to provide a top plate photo.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #8122
nobbylon

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitimageview View Post
Likely because that's the photos that he had available, there is nothing in the listing that states that every single step of the process has been showcased via photos. The text states things unequivocally. Again, it makes no sense to take a default position that a well-known service provider is lying to their customers, when such a lie would become self-evident.

In any event this is now fully resolved even though one would think my testimony as a repeat customer would have been sufficient without having to provide a top plate photo.
judging by the amount of testimony you give i'd think you were on a commission
what happened to restoration35?

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #8123
splitimageview

Judging by the quantity and urgency of your posts one would think you're a competitor.

I was simply responding to your continuing allegations after I posted the latest M3 project.

Posted information on forums will get disseminated far and wide, which means its important to be accurate. There are lenses, for example, that have developed unfair reputations based on overly zealous posters. This is unfortunate for some people will cross such a lens of their list, perhaps missing out on something with which they would be quite happy. Unfounded accusations should be addressed, and I'm simply a happy customer, having sent gear to the UK back in August and again in January, painting a total of six cameras (M4, M3, IIIc, and three sets Canonet top/bottom plates.)

I haven't myself worked on any paint projects in many years.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #8124
nobbylon

I couldn't agree more hence my request for accurate information.
I no longer paint so no I'm not a competitor however having seen some repaints done over nickel, some good, some bad, feel that it's nice for others to get full disclosure on what they are getting.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #8125
michaelwj
----------------

Less talk, more M's

Here's my latest addition. M4 wearing a 35mm summilux pre-asph with a custom tab.

Easily my favourite M.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #8126
welshzorki

oops wrong thread.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8127
welshzorki

This is me 25 years ago with my M2 (I stuck the leica red spot on , total noob fanboy) I sold it a few years later to buy equipment I needed for other types of photography work.

These are the shots I took with it, I found them yesterday, pictured with my new M4-2

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8128
brennanphotoguy

Those slides look really cool, I'd like to see more of those.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8129
welshzorki

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennanphotoguy View Post
Those slides look really cool, I'd like to see more of those.
It was 25 years ago but i think i have more of the final edit somewhere in my office, maybe i should put a new thread together. I shot the whole project on my M2 a Nikon fg and a hasselblad.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8130
Fraser

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshzorki View Post
This is me 25 years ago with my M2 (I stuck the leica red spot on , total noob fanboy) I sold it a few years later to buy equipment I needed for other types of photography work.

These are the shots I took with it, I found them yesterday, pictured with my new M4-2

They do look quite interesting!

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8131
menos

Great shots there welshzorki!

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8132
Flat Twin
Film Shooter

Quote:

These images look really interesting, I'd like to see and hear more about the project too...!

Regards

Simon

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8133
Deardorff38

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8134
Deardorff38

A Tessar is still a tessar. Rescued from a T4 point & shoot and put in an M mount by Mr Miyazaki. Here is a test print. No filter. Kodak Tri-X in Pyrocat HD. iPhone photo of a cold light print developed in Formulary BW65. The tiny lens still shows that wonderful tessar tonal separation. Thanks to Bellamy at JapanCameraHunters, for brokering the conversion. Definitely my favourite minimalist walk-around lens

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8135
michaelwj
----------------

Quote:
From adding a logo to an M2 to covering the logo on an M4-2... I'm sure there's a thesis in there somewhere...

Old 1 Week Ago   #8136
welshzorki

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm looking in to getting the slides and negs scanned at high quality so I can post them in the critique section.

Old 1 Week Ago   #8137
coelacanth
Ride, dive, shoot.

Double Trouble. BP & P.

b/w guy.

flickr | RFF Gallery | Buy my prints on RFF Classifieds | Instagram | Portfolio

Old 1 Week Ago   #8138
welshzorki

Old 1 Week Ago   #8139
benmacphoto

My current Leica setups.
M5, M4-2 mkII with Leicavit-M, and M4 Hammertone.
21mm f4.0 Voigtlander Color Skopar, 35mm f1.4 Pre ASPH Summilux, 50mm f1.0 Noctilux version IV, 50mm f2.0 "Rare Earth" Summicron, and 90mm f2.0 Summicron.

Website

Old 6 Days Ago   #8140
theblackbrick

Here is mine when I received, it was pristine almost. Now ... it is another story Not that I'm not careful with it but since I got it is the only camera I use pretty much, so it is getting some mileage done.

Old 6 Days Ago   #8141
welshzorki

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackbrick View Post
Here is mine when I received, it was pristine almost. Now ... it is another story Not that I'm not careful with it but since I got it is the only camera I use pretty much, so it is getting some mileage done.

I see a lot of M4-2's with the plastic insert in the frame lever missing. Mine actually had a small fragment of plastic left, but i see a lot with it missing. I'm tempted to make a small wooden insert myself.

Old 5 Days Ago   #8142
theblackbrick

Quote:
I see a lot of M4-2's with the plastic insert in the frame lever missing. Mine actually had a small fragment of plastic left, but i see a lot with it missing. I'm tempted to make a small wooden insert myself.
I looked in the beginning to get that part so the camera would look brand spanking new, but I couldn't find it by itself. Also, I don't really care now. I rather get an extra thumb rest in the film advance lever. I replaced the one that was on the camera after the original one cracked when it got caught up in my bag. I saw on ebay I can get some very cheap.

Old 5 Days Ago   #8143
welshzorki

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackbrick View Post
I looked in the beginning to get that part so the camera would look brand spanking new, but I couldn't find it by itself. Also, I don't really care now. I rather get an extra thumb rest in the film advance lever. I replaced the one that was on the camera after the original one cracked when it got caught up in my bag. I saw on ebay I can get some very cheap.
I think if i changed the wind lever i'd try and get an M2 style

Old 4 Days Ago   #8144
theblackbrick

Quote:
I think if i changed the wind lever i'd try and get an M2 style
I changed only the plastic on it, didn't have the right tool to take the lever apart. I looked for an MP style lever since they are more durable but 1.- they don't have them in black chrome and 2.- the only one I was able to find was silver and they were asking $120
I got an M6 replacement (same as in the M4-2) for something around $40 (can't remember the exact price).