Might get a used M-E
Old 01-11-2017   #1
jpreisch

Might get a used M-E

I have found a used Leica M-E with the original sensor. The price seems reasonable, and the camera seems to be in good repair. The camera has not been CLA'ed by Leica. I'm a little concerned about the possibility of sensor problems. Does anyone have a feel for what percent of M9/M-E sensors have had to be replaced due to corrosion problems?

Old 01-11-2017   #2
Fraser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpreisch View Post
I have found a used Leica M-E with the original sensor. The price seems reasonable, and the camera seems to be in good repair. The camera has not been CLA'ed by Leica. I'm a little concerned about the possibility of sensor problems. Does anyone have a feel for what percent of M9/M-E sensors have had to be replaced due to corrosion problems?
Might be they all need replaced who knows but once it's done you get a new sensor

Old 01-11-2017   #3
Ko.Fe.
Me. Write ESL. Ko.

I read similar topic on Leica Forum yesterday. About M-E and sensor. If firmware ends with 04 it has sensor replaced. My M-E was made in 2015 and it has firmware which ends with 02.

Old 01-11-2017   #4
airfrogusmc

The good thing is if you start having sensor problems Leica will take care of it.

My M-E also ends in 02. If it becomes a problem I will send it in.